PDA

View Full Version : Winterize

hawksfan
10-21-2010, 06:55 PM
I have a 1999 supra legacy with a Pleasure Craft 350. Drained all the water out of engine and took hoses off and drained all water. My question is there anything I have to worry about for draining transmission cooler. I don't see any more drain plugs than I already pulled out. Is there any hard to find drain plugs by transmission. Any help would be appreciated.

docdrs
10-22-2010, 08:12 AM
remove the intake side hose and you are good to go

supraguy
10-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Hi all, I just winterized my Sunsport with a 351 Windsor pleasurecraft. I was told to run the engine and pour 3 to 4 gallons of fluid into the intake hose. I did this until the exhaust came out solid pink and then killed the engine. I am told that this method runs the fluid through all hoses, pump and engine block as it displaces any water. Is this method all I need to do for below zero storage? Thanks

docdrs
10-23-2010, 03:14 PM
No this does not. For antifreeze to enter your block the tstat has to be open and then you are just mixing ity with the water in the block. All your antifreeze bypassed the block. Unless your temp was 162+ Drain your block, heater and shower if you have them then do your antifreeze untill it comes out your ehaust

hawksfan
10-24-2010, 01:07 PM
Are you talking about the hose that is connected to the transmission. So by removing should drain any water?

docdrs
10-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Are you talking about the hose that is connected to the transmission. So by removing should drain any water?

no the 2 small line running to the cooler from the transmission are tarns fluid, do not disconnect these, I'm talking about the large water inlet hose on the stern side of the cooler, where is your cooler, just to be sure....pic?

DKJBama92Mariah
11-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Supraguy,
In 18 years, my boat has never been winterized with antifreeze. Pull the two bronze drainplugs in the block, the one from the elbow that connects the thermostat housing to the circulating water pump, and 1/2" drive plug at the back of each exhaust manifold. Drain the trans cooler by pulling the bottom water hose from the trans cooler and then pushing the mouth of the hose to the bottom of the bilge to drain the hose and the raw water pump.

jet
11-03-2010, 03:33 PM
yep Dkj..mine takes hum.. 4 mins to pull those drain plugs and Im done. I also bump the motor once a month after that to keep the pistons from seating themselfs. Then for summer I pull the carb and clean it and run dryer thru the tank. Pretty simple and quick.