PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from WA travelling through MT?

sydneyACE
10-28-2010, 11:22 AM
I was on my way to work this morning, and saw a nice Red/White, late 80's or early 90's Sunsport. The tags were WA, it was behind a Penske truck. Just curious if it was someone on here. I was gonna say "Hi" from Bozeman, MT. LOL! Nice looking boat anyway, I don't think I've ever seen an old Supra around here before.

viking
10-28-2010, 12:19 PM
Must not get to Billings then :)

Don't have it anymore as I traded it off summer of 09. Man I loved the 90 SupraComp. It's still purring up near the Helena area though...........

sydneyACE
10-29-2010, 11:52 AM
Been out to Billings a few times, never done any boating over there though. I saw a Comp for sale in Helena, but it wasn't that one. I was thinking about buying it, but in the end I decided that I would be happier with something bigger. Plus it was out of my price range... Nice boat though.

jaywidhalm
10-29-2010, 06:00 PM
Where y'all from?? I grew up in MT and now live in WA. Boated a lot in Canyon Ferry by Helena as a kid.

sydneyACE
10-29-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm originally from Hamilton (south of Missoula), but am living in Bozeman now. I've boated at Canyon Ferry a few times, but it is usually pretty choppy cause it's so big. I like to boat out at Harrison, it's a little closer and usually smooth water.

viking
10-30-2010, 12:20 PM
A little town west of billings but now living between Laurel and Billings. Make an annual trip to Helena and camp/boat on the north end of Canyon Ferry. We take a day and put in at Holter and run through the Gates of the Mountains.

jaywidhalm
10-30-2010, 01:39 PM
You guys heard of Valier, Mt?? Or Lake Francis. That is where I grew up and learned to slalom. Then I moved to Msla for college. Now in Spokane, WA

viking
10-30-2010, 11:51 PM
North of Great Falls and Choteau. Never been on it myself. In fact, alot of lakes in MT I haven't been on YET. Trying to hit a new one every year :)

Funny about lifestyle out here..............not opposed to driving quite a ways to get, well, anywhere :)