PDA

View Full Version : Supra Sunsport Restoration

chautauquasun
10-11-2004, 01:43 PM
I am considering purchasing a 1986 Supra Sunsport. It is in need of some TLC and I would like to try and restore it to close to its orignial condition. My question is; are parts readily available to restore the boat. The engine is a PCM 351 so I am not to worried about parts for it. But the boat it self. I have noticed little parts missing like the bracket holding the trim tab. Other parts that appear missing are some of the teak pieces I also know one of the bilges is not working and same thing with one of its blowers. NOt sure if there is a good place to find Supra parts for the boat itself. Your input is appreciated. thanks

Salty87
10-12-2004, 06:22 PM
mechanical items are readily accessible, you might have to get crafty but those parts are still around. www.skidim.com has just about any mechanical item you will need.

interior /hull parts are an entirely different story. skiers choice, the owners of supra and this board, didn't own the supra brand in the 80's and don't have the templates, skins, molds or anything. so, you're kinda on your own there but that also means you get to customize the boat to your tastes....vinyl, decals, dash, etc.