PDA

View Full Version : Impeller - does it matter which way it goes into housing?

Jidol
11-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Hello everyone. I'm a new DIY ... and first attempt at replacing impeller on 03 Launch SSV. I want to make sure that it doesn't matter which way the impeller is inserted into the housing, Also noticed that the old impeller has noticibly curved tines. Should the tines curve clockwise or counter clockwise.

Thanks for your help!!!

edgewater1
11-14-2010, 08:52 PM
yep only goes in one way

docdrs
11-14-2010, 09:28 PM
does not matter which way the impeller goes in, you want to lube it KY works well and then rotate it in a clockwise rotation to bend the splines back to the left if your looking straight at the impeller, then once its engaged the splined shaft push it straight back in, reassemble gasket and cover....so the splines will curve back in a counterclockwise direction as the impeller spins in a clockwise rotation

Jidol
11-14-2010, 10:39 PM
Thank you both for your help.

michael hunter
11-14-2010, 11:41 PM
docdrs is correct . For the off season leave is out and reinstall it in the spring. No sense having the impeller folded over for 4-6 months.

Fman
11-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Hello everyone. I'm a new DIY ... and first attempt at replacing impeller on 03 Launch SSV. I want to make sure that it doesn't matter which way the impeller is inserted into the housing, Also noticed that the old impeller has noticibly curved tines. Should the tines curve clockwise or counter clockwise.

Thanks for your help!!!

Check out this how-to video, its on an Indmar.

http://www.inboardonline.com/how-to/

You might have to click on the "How To" link.