PDA

View Full Version : Raw Water Impeller replacement "How To" video with Indmar engine

Fman
11-15-2010, 05:38 PM
Really good "how to" video on changing out your impeller. Looks like Indmar CAT ETX motor.

http://www.inboardonline.com/how-to/

skibumtx
11-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Wish I would have had this 2 weeks ago . . .

jaywidhalm
11-16-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks Travis...makes it look pretty simple!

Fman
11-17-2010, 12:52 AM
Some helpful items when removing/installing impeller:

-- Soak in WD-40 for half hour before attempting to remove
-- Use a small pair of vice grips to lock into the impeller, it will fit nicely between the rubber veins and inner part of impeller
-- When you re-install the cap make sure not to tighten down the brass bolts to much, they will strip out VERY easily
-- After you start to insert new impeller by hand, use a small 2x4 piece of wood to push the impeller completely flush in the housing. Takes some wear and tear off the palm of your hand. You can also lightly tap on it with the piece of wood flush against the end of the impeller.
-- Apply some grease to the inner shaft before installation, will make it much easier to remove the next time you replace it
-- Have a small mirror and LED light handy to see impeller housing, makes it nice to see when you are locking down the vice grips on the impeller

These items have helped me with removal and installation, just thought I would pass them on.