PDA

View Full Version : Need info?

timski
11-15-2010, 11:21 PM
What is the best all around prop for a 93 Supra Sunsport with a 350 engine? I have a fat sac installed in the rear ski locker and 2 fat sacs installed under the bow seats, but rarely used them now because all I do now is pretty much hydrofoil. I might from time to time used the fat sacs for the kids when wakeboarding and kneeboarding. I would also like to install a barefoot boom off the tower, to possibly do some barefooting. What would be the best prop for these sports? The one that is installed right now is a 4 blade, 13x16 OJ. Also, do all supra's have the 15 degree strut that skidim sells? As posted in a prevoius post, need to replace shaft, strut and prop. Any help would be in appreciated!!:)

jet
11-16-2010, 07:42 PM
Timski..don't ask for opinions on props..Its like me asking you if i can date your sister, Its just going to start a fight. lol. What I mean is decide what MFR you want to go with (I went with ACME) and call the factory. They will ask you how your using your boat and how much weight and what you want it to do? There is a ton of math to figure out which one will be a good fit, but if you ask on here your going to get 1273 different answers and you will be scratching your head. I went pretty big 14x14RHx.105 cup. Tons of push for my 1600lbs not worried about top end. It really takes a engineer to figure it out. Jet

DKJBama92Mariah
11-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Timski..don't ask for opinions on props..Its like me asking you if i can date your sister, Its just going to start a fight. lol. What I mean is decide what MFR you want to go with (I went with ACME) and call the factory. They will ask you how your using your boat and how much weight and what you want it to do? There is a ton of math to figure out which one will be a good fit, but if you ask on here your going to get 1273 different answers and you will be scratching your head. I went pretty big 14x14RHx.105 cup. Tons of push for my 1600lbs not worried about top end. It really takes a engineer to figure it out. Jet

Tim, you've gotten some very sound advice from Jet here.
ACME props at 1-888-661-ACME; or
OJ props at 1-800-359-9730
Both companies make excellent props.

To answer your question regarding the strut, I am reasonably certain that all the older Supras used the 14 degree strut that SKIDIM lists. To confirm, you can check your current strut to see if it has a 14 stamped on it somewhere. Regardless, the nice folks at SKIDIM can likely give you a more definite answer. Don't forget to use one of the promo codes listed at the top of this forum for a 10% discount on your order.

DKJ