PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Winter!!!

jet
11-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Fricken winter..I swear BEEP..BEEP I HATE BEEP..BEEP. What the hell am I suppose to do with myself now, everything I want to do is outside. BEEP..BEEP wind and cold BEEP..BEEP! Heres where the depression and boredem starts kicking in. Vimeo ig going TV version or something like that..anybody heard?? Fricken winter..BEEP BEEP..GO HOME! Well do have a snowboarding trip planned and maybe a 2nd with cm77taylor going. :mad:
Jet

wotan2525
11-19-2010, 11:40 AM
I guess there's no snowboarding in texas, huh? That's how I keep busy. Snowboard 4-5 days/week and ride snowmobiles (if there's enough snow) or indoor 50 racing on the other days!

96Comp
11-19-2010, 12:03 PM
I hear ya, Jet. Try mountain biking! Works for me! Just 6 more months!

87SunSportMikeyD
11-19-2010, 12:39 PM
I love to snowboard, but I just plain HATE being so COLD ARGG! I dont even like to go for more than a few hours anymore. Getting old and lazy I guess. Not to mention we have no freaking mountains so all the hills are booooring sigh.

TitanTn
11-19-2010, 10:29 PM
I have no use for any weather that is cooler than 70 degrees. There's not anything in the world that I dislike more than winter.

Blackntan90
11-20-2010, 09:13 AM
I hear you on the 'everything I wan't to do is outside' part! I ride my mountain bike in the fall/spring, and ski/snowboard in the winter. But all I really want to do is be at the lake!! I swear if I had my boat in a garage, I would probably polish it all winter until there was nothing left!

viking
11-20-2010, 11:00 AM
I'm feelin all ur putting out :(
63 degrees here thursday and yesterday it was 15degrees and 6inches of snow. It's still snowing and the winds blowing today. It's gonna be a long 5 or 6 months.

scotthons
11-22-2010, 11:40 AM
I think the most depressing thing about the winter is getting up and it is dark and then driving home from work and it is already dark.

Snowboarding helps in the winter time, but it is just not the same.

cmtaylor777
11-23-2010, 05:33 PM
This time of year I replace wakeboard jonses with snowboard jonsing. Problem is, I live too damn far to get enough of it. This is always the time I really consider moving to Cali. Just way more things to do there.

87SunSportMikeyD
11-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Got the snow and 2" of ice off the canopy of the 'carport' boat shelter yesterday. Yay! I miss you baby!

I know we're not supposed to give a name to a boat you cant sleep on, but those are, you know, usually boat-names. What about just a hot-girl name? Like Vanessa .. or something :) Cabin fever early this year!

cmtaylor777
11-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Mikey
That would be weird for me. Vanessa my wife's name.

jet
11-24-2010, 10:41 AM
How about Barney? lol

oward1202
11-24-2010, 11:08 AM
The weather here in Nashville(or the whole state of TN) is ridiculous. I winterized 2 weeks ago because it was getting down to freezing at times. I wasn't really worried about it doing any damage because it wasn't staying that cold for too long but figured I wouldn't be back on the water. Last weekend was in the 70's and could only look at it! I have lived here my whole life and love it, but the weather changes every 10 minutes and you have no idea what season we are in! I just keep thinking that after New Year's that boating weather is just around the corner. That's all I can do to keep my hopes up.

speaky
11-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Amen to what oward1202 says. Tennessee's weather can change on a dime. Today is Thanksgiving (Happy Thanksgiving to all, by the way) and it's going up to somewhere around 70. Then tomorrow the high is supposed to be 45. Go figure.

cadunkle
11-25-2010, 01:15 PM
Winter is miserable, but for me at least so far time has been flying. Soon it'll be next year and we'll be counting down the days to splash. Oh, and it's snowing here at the moment... Happy Thanksgiving!

oward1202
12-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Speaky, what part of the state are you in?

dshaff24
12-04-2010, 11:12 PM
I like to have some type of hobby for every season.. Winter - Snowboarding - Spring/Fall JEEPIN/Quads - Summer - boating /boarding.. I love winter mainly because thats when I get to stack cash.. Since Summer just drains me in gas.. beer.. and all the other goodtimes

jet
12-05-2010, 12:12 PM
Hey Dshaff you on jeepsunlimited?? Heres my signature from Jeepunlimited site.

My 3rd Jeep!! 97' JGC/4.0/42RE, Shift Kit, Bored 60mm TB, cold air Intake, Dynomax muff, IAT sensor moved to cold air intake, 180 degree thermo, coilover shocks/rear, Xenon's, The rest of my money goes to my Wakebording boat!! :blingx2:

06' Nissan/Armada
05' G35/Infinity:blingx2:
89' Supra/Wakeboarding Boat

Helios/coolmyatticnow.com
A Solar Technology Company

Owner
AndrewJetMitchell

Ptownkid
12-11-2010, 07:53 AM
It's very ironic...

I used to be a semi-professional half pipe snowboarder (competed at the pro level, didn't get paid) and used to loooooooove winter. Since we bought a cottage and a boat, the cold weather has made me very sad.

It's painful in Canada in that regard. If you're willing to start hitting the cottage in april (still cold) and keep going until the end of october, you only get 6 months use out of the cottage. Most people might get 3-4 months use, harsh...

Thankfully I bought a wetsuit and kept riding into october, but man I'd love global warming to just remove winter all together, lol.

Cheers

jet
12-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Hey Wotan..whats the name of your 50cc racing club. i want to look for one here in Dallas. Its 60 degrees here this morning, but its going to hit 27 by the morning..guess Its time to winterize her. i was wishing for one more warm weekend. GOOD NEWS though, Iam going snowboarding for the 1st time next weekend in Red River. Yahooo!

Im looking at one of these for driving around my neighborhood. lol

http://massimomotor.com/product.asp?categoryname=Dirt%20Bike

stinky_1
12-11-2010, 10:07 PM
I used to Snowboard a lot. Now that I am getting older I need to save my knees for the wakeboarding season. If the water never froze here I would still be riding. Our last day out this season was October 21st. The air temp was 18 degrees C, the water temp was slightly above freezing.

2 of the guys on the water were wearing shorty wet suits. I found my zipper had broke on my dry suit, so I was riding with my full body 2/3 wetsuit.

The hot shower really helps a lot. If I had a heat it would be even better. I am hoping to get one of those mounted into my Sunsport in the spring.

I cant hide my excitement when it snows though. I just love seeing everything covered in white. I figuring if I cant be out on the lake, it may as wel be freezing and snow covered. I am only a couple hours from some of the best mountains in North America though. So I suppose that helps

mapleleaf
12-13-2010, 10:40 AM
Hope my winterizing is good, its cold here now!!!! Can't go the ski hill to ride yet, waiting for the phone call that sends me to the hospital to meet my second child!!!!! ( now I'll have a spotter!!!)

87SunSportMikeyD
12-13-2010, 12:17 PM
18 inches of snow in Minneapolis yay TBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBT!

mapleleaf
12-13-2010, 01:42 PM
18 inches of snow in Minneapolis yay TBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBT!

does that include what's in the stadium?????

87SunSportMikeyD
12-15-2010, 12:10 PM
Oh snap!!!! LOL They are gonna play at the outdoor college stadium now, they have to shovel it out by hand. Shudder!!!

ditchsnake
03-21-2011, 07:16 PM
I hear you on the 'everything I wan't to do is outside' part! I ride my mountain bike in the fall/spring, and ski/snowboard in the winter. But all I really want to do is be at the lake!! I swear if I had my boat in a garage, I would probably polish it all winter until there was nothing left!

And that is exactly what I did. And spend a butt load of money on it. Oh and your correct. Winter sucks. Bet it sucks worse in Denver than it does in Texas too.

csuggs
03-21-2011, 09:56 PM
I have no use for any weather that is cooler than 70 degrees. There's not anything in the world that I dislike more than winter.

Yeah - what he said!

csuggs
03-21-2011, 09:57 PM
Say goodbye to Winter guys. First day of spring yesterday. Temp here is 79 degrees today heading for 81 tomorrow. Mid to upper 70's rest of week. My boat will be out on the water by weeks end. Will post on that for sure. Much less stressful this spring than last.

Hey - I'll second that on the stress issue! I'm glad you're getting out. Let us know how it goes!
Clint

chrisk
03-23-2011, 10:47 PM
I was SO excited to get my boat out this weekend... but now the forecast has taken a turn for the worse and the overnight lows are in the 20s for northern Illinois... won't be de-winterizing it just yet..... :cry:

mapleleaf
03-23-2011, 10:55 PM
How 'bout 3+ inches of snow here today....hilarious....

chrisk
03-23-2011, 11:20 PM
haha Man that's rough, sorry to hear it. I do love Northwoods winters though! Even though I guess you're technically in the South right?

mapleleaf
03-24-2011, 12:06 AM
Nah I'd put Lk Ontario in the north!!!

doofus
03-24-2011, 12:44 AM
I feel sorry for you guys all suffering from the winter blues, but on the other hand, I am just about over the Australian summer and am now hanging out for some slightly cooler weather.

For the three months of this summer, where I live in Western Australia, we experienced a total of 52 days where the tempreture was over 90 degrees farenheit.. We are now officially in Autumn and today's temp is still 95 degrees with a forecast for the weekend of about 98 -100 degrees on both days.

It is great tempretures to be out on the water, but the long periods of extreme heat and drought (we havent had rain for ages) means all our lakes and dams are drying up. Most of our local dams have already been closed due to low water levels and the lake that I ride on has dropped about 8 feet in depth. It too is on the verge of being shut shortly if we dont get some serious rain.

And honestly, I am just over the damn heat..I know it is hard for you guys to imagine at the moment, but when it has been so hot for so long, you start to get tired of it because it is energy sapping, it just really starts to wear you down.

But with all that being said, I almost guarentee that one month into winter, I will be wishing for the warm weather to return.

Have a look at this web link and you will get an idea of this week's temps...(unfortunately they are all in celcius so you will need to convert), but even at this time of year, the whole week is stillabove 90 degress farenheit.

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/default.asp

But on a positive note, we do get to experience conditions like this...These pics are of the lake where I board, the only difference is it is now baout 8 feet shallower due to water evaporation!!!!

Tackleberry
03-24-2011, 09:36 AM
I feel sorry for you guys all suffering from the winter blues, but on the other hand, I am just about over the Australian summer and am now hanging out for some slightly cooler weather.

For the three months of this summer, where I live in Western Australia, we experienced a total of 52 days where the tempreture was over 90 degrees farenheit.. We are now officially in Autumn and today's temp is still 95 degrees with a forecast for the weekend of about 98 -100 degrees on both days.

It is great tempretures to be out on the water, but the long periods of extreme heat and drought (we havent had rain for ages) means all our lakes and dams are drying up. Most of our local dams have already been closed due to low water levels and the lake that I ride on has dropped about 8 feet in depth. It too is on the verge of being shut shortly if we dont get some serious rain.

And honestly, I am just over the damn heat..I know it is hard for you guys to imagine at the moment, but when it has been so hot for so long, you start to get tired of it because it is energy sapping, it just really starts to wear you down.

But with all that being said, I almost guarentee that one month into winter, I will be wishing for the warm weather to return.

Have a look at this web link and you will get an idea of this week's temps...(unfortunately they are all in celcius so you will need to convert), but even at this time of year, the whole week is stillabove 90 degress farenheit.

http://www.seabreeze.com.au/graphs/default.asp

But on a positive note, we do get to experience conditions like this...These pics are of the lake where I board, the only difference is it is now baout 8 feet shallower due to water evaporation!!!!

You folks from Australia have some cojones! I would be so nervous about all the things us Americans see on TV, like crocodiles and stuff. I wouldn't be able to focus on my wakeboarding. :mrgreen: I hope y'all get some rain soon though. I'd hate to hear that your lake got closed.

doofus
03-24-2011, 08:23 PM
You folks from Australia have some cojones! I would be so nervous about all the things us Americans see on TV, like crocodiles and stuff. I wouldn't be able to focus on my wakeboarding. :mrgreen: .

hahaha....The conditions aren’t that bad in Australia. We don’t have to worry about crocodiles at all, well not unless you are riding in waters in the far north of Australia. The waters up there are teaming with crocodiles. I read an article once about a group of boarders in the Kimberley region of Western Australia who were using crocodile cage traps that had been setup in a local river to catch a rogue croc as sliders....Don’t know if I would be keen enough to do that.

What we do have to worry about in some of our waterways are bloody sharks. The little buggers are everywhere. A lot of guys who board in the Brisbane River in Queensland regularly report seeing bull sharks cruising around in the areas where they are boarding. Some guys even go fishing for them from their boats after they have finished boarding.

A female boarder in New South Wales (Australia) was recently attacked by what they think was a white pointer shark after she had fallen and was waiting in the water for the boat to turn around and pick her up. I have previously seen sharks in the Swan River where I used to board, hence the reason I now ride in a freshwater lake...

http://www.news.com.au/national/woman-hospitalised-after-shark-attack/story-e6frfkvr-1226022521001

leeyn
03-26-2011, 01:38 AM
Try mountain biking! ...That's really exciting..:p.That's really a cool way to have your good time..

Abraham
03-26-2011, 02:09 AM
All the seasons are blessing of God.We should enjoy all the seasons but in my opinion spring season is enjoyable:D

jet
03-27-2011, 11:05 AM
OK, this is helping...

I cant believe this thread is still going.lol