PDA

View Full Version : raw water impellor 2k9 21v???

venom93corba
11-21-2010, 04:53 AM
How in gods name do you get this out? So I got the cover off and there is no easy way to get this out? I tried some needle nose but it feels like I'm gonna completely destroy the one I'm taking out. Then I see it even worse to put back in. What's the trick?

docdrs
11-21-2010, 08:36 PM
I removed the rear black ventilating hose cover, removed impeller outlet hose, sprayed silicone lube in outlet port and on intetior impeller brass splines, bumped engine over, then needle nose clamped super hard between rubber splines got on motor and used 2 hands on the vise grips and pushed, wiggled and pulled....out in about 1 min.......antisieze on new impeller brass interior.

Fman
11-22-2010, 01:32 AM
How in gods name do you get this out? So I got the cover off and there is no easy way to get this out? I tried some needle nose but it feels like I'm gonna completely destroy the one I'm taking out. Then I see it even worse to put back in. What's the trick?

Soak, soak, soak in WD-40 and soak again. Get some vice grips that will lock onto the impeller. They make a small set that fit pefectly inbetween the veins and grab the inner shaft of the impeller.

Because of the access problems they are a PIA to remove, but if you work at it for awhile it will break free. Take a look at this video it will help you out.

http://www.inboardonline.com/how-to/