PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Supra??

WakerChris
10-22-2004, 09:16 PM
Hey Everyone, I am seriously looking into buying a 1985 Supra with a 351 Ford in it.
The problem is, it is too cold to take it for a test drive right now and too late in the season. I won it ebay for $3700 whick i think is a great price. I am not sure what model it is.

I went to look at the boat and there seems to be no major problems with it. The interior looks great and hull is in good condition. The floor is also very strong.

One thing I have noticed is that the prop is dinged. Could this come with a bent shaft as well or is that unlikely? Is there any mayor issue i should be concerned about for the engine? This iwll be my first boat and I am not really that knowledgable about ski boats. All you guys in here seem like you what what you are talking, so could you please give me some advice.

Thanks for the help.

Salty87
10-26-2004, 07:02 PM
hi wakerchris,

you'll have to tell more about your boat for any real advise. your prop could easily be dinged without bending the drive shaft but not having driven it, it's hard to tell. taking it off to check is a lot of work for possibly nothing.

have you already bought the boat? if not, i wouldn't without taking it for a spin. if you have, well i guess you'll find out. props aren't too expensive to have fixed if it's not trashed.

boat prices come down in the off-season, there's no rush to buy now and store it all winter.

where are you located? can you provide more details?

WakerChris
10-27-2004, 12:20 AM
Hi, I am Windsor, Canada, just outside detroit Michigan. Here is the link to the boat, email if you would like to see some pic of the engine. Is the prop that hard to take off?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2494527344&rd=1&sspage name=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT

Thanks

02LaunchSSV
10-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Very nice and hope all goes well with your purchase. Cosmetically, I'd say she's a dream from the pic.

crnsuperduty
10-28-2004, 12:01 PM
Good think you won it before I did. Thats my hometown. Thats a steal if the boat is in at least "fair" condition. You can still take it out on the lake though. There are like 100 lakes within 20 miles of Milford. I grew up on one of them. I have an 84 comp by the way. I love it. Good luck