PDA

View Full Version : 1994 Supra LaBrisa

oilking
11-26-2010, 01:49 PM
I picked up a 94 Supra LaBrisa this fall and wont have a chance to test it out in the water till spring. It is in need of some TLC and I am going to replace the interior this winter. The exterior is kind of dull and you can see where the previous owner has removed decals. whats the best thing to polish up the gel coating?
I dont see much info on this model online and wondering if anyone knows much about them? curious what kind of wake it will throw.
It has a 5.8 Pro Boss engine, carb. Is this a good engine and is there anything I should be paying special attension to?
Cant wait to get it in the water and its going to be along winter but started sleding already so will keep busy with those toys till spring.
Any info or feedback would be appreciatied.

BigCity444
11-26-2010, 04:01 PM
Boat looks nice, not familiar with the model LaBrisa but looks similar in size to the Mariah. 22'5"

I would recommend taking off the tower and the mounts. Inspect the holes that were drilled into the shell. Make sure they are re-enforced with marine grade plywood and some fiberglass cement to avoid any cracking on the gelcoat.

The fiberglass was only 1/8th inch thick where I drilled for the tower on my '92.

DAFF
11-26-2010, 08:01 PM
The good news is that the stringers willl be good !!! Nice boat, not many made in the 93-98 era... Looks like a cross between a sunsport and a comp.

stinky_1
12-01-2010, 05:04 PM
Boat looks nice, not familiar with the model LaBrisa but looks similar in size to the Mariah. 22'5"

I wouldnt guess it to be that long with a single axle trailer. I was thinking it looked like a cross between the comp and the sunsport as well. Is that an open bow playpen style? or does it just have a split window to look like it opens? I cant really tell from the pics.

Which area are you in?

oilking
12-01-2010, 06:38 PM
Ya I think they call it 19.5 plus the platform and yes it is a open bow play pen style. I'm from Southern Sask.

I found a post on here of a 95 Labrisa

https://forum.supraboats.com/showthread.php?t=7818&highlight=interior

It appears to have a walk through open bow so I assume they didn't have playpen style very long.

87SunSportMikeyD
12-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Ya LOL I was just gonna say - LaBrisa, thats Jason's model. I dont think he's ridden it much yet... It sure is a nice lookin boat

jasonba1
12-02-2010, 03:21 PM
great looknig boat oilking, I love mine , no I havent sold it yet I just havent really listed it anywhere. I rode it quite a bit i put 41 hours on it so didnt get to ride as much as I would have liked but it was a pretty decent wake espically when you added a little weight.