PDA

View Full Version : What size amp for speaker set up?

LaunchSSV
10-25-2004, 02:26 AM
I just bought a 2002 SSV with the 2004 graphics on it with 4 tower speakers and was wondering if i should do a 5 channel amp for the interior speakers, tower speakers and sub or run 3 different amps? im not sure what to do or how many watts...also has anyone had a problem with their battery dieing on them while just running the music sitting out on the water because of the amp draining the battery?

silvtongdvl
11-05-2004, 03:18 PM
My 03 SSV came with a 5 channel amp . I have the front two channels wired to the boats interior speakers, the rear channel has the 4 tower speakers and 1 - 12" sub. So far the battery hasn't quit on me yet.
Most amps are 2 ohm stable and you get the most out of amps this way. I ran the speakers in parrell to get the 2 ohm rating. Then if I want to talk inside the boat - I fade the deck to the rear - thus the riders still hear, but we can talk in the boat.
Multipule amps most times require the use of multipule batteries.
As far as how much power - you need to match your speakers & amps with = power ratings
Scott

tms1113
11-07-2004, 01:26 AM
i have a huge system in my boat and i would make sure to at least run one extra battery.grainger sells a solonoid that allows the starting battery and the stereo battery the same battery when running and when engine is not running the stereo is off a seperate battery. any questions email. [email protected]