PDA

View Full Version : Drive shaft coupler? '87 supra saltare

Rusty
12-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Hello all...

Anyone know where I can find a coupler that connects the transmission shaft to propeller shaft. I ran aground this past summer and the coupler stripped out.

Thnks.

Rusty

Rusty
12-15-2010, 04:32 PM
I called skiers choice...info I picked up on this forum from another thread (they have tons of parts btw) they said they only sell the coupler and prop shaft together. Might be better that way come to think of it. However, there are two shaft lengths...one is a 48 inch, the other is a 45.5 inch. Any clues on which I would need?? I have a 454 big block. I would measure it myself but it is crammed in at the boat yard waiting for a new floor. Thanks.

Rusty

wotan2525
12-17-2010, 04:36 PM
Dang -- I had a damaged one that I just pitched when I cleaned the garage last week. Somehow I should have known that someone on here could have used it!! It would have certainly worked just fine -- I just upgraded to the newer style because the keyway was a little worked over/worn.

Here is (probably) the OEM on the shaft coupler and they can take care of you no problem: http://www.marineassociates.com/

Rusty
12-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Wotan...that was the best site ever! Nailed it right on the head.

Thank you very much!