PDA

View Full Version : Does 22v have a bow filler in playpen ?

brwnorth
12-16-2010, 12:05 AM
Im just looking for some quick help on '11' 22v launch with playpen does it have a bow filler cushion that can be removed jus wondering if i can take it out and have more leg room for sitting my boats in storage and didnt want to dig it out Thanks anyone for the help

KG's Supra24
12-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Not positive, I think that is new in the 242 so there is some hope. don't know about the 22, though.

I was originally unsure about the playpen but I love it

Fman
12-16-2010, 08:22 PM
Im just looking for some quick help on '11' 22v launch with playpen does it have a bow filler cushion that can be removed jus wondering if i can take it out and have more leg room for sitting my boats in storage and didnt want to dig it out Thanks anyone for the help

Pretty sure its permanent and not removeable. If you removed the cushion you would have large hole (where the bag fits). If you order it with the walk-thru bow it will come with a seperate cushion to convert it to playpen. The 22V has not been changed since 2007. Maybe the 22V will be SC's next revision in 2012.

Diggs
12-16-2010, 10:51 PM
If I understand your question properly..... yes there is a cushion that comes out. It will leave your feet in an unfinished area where the ballast bag is. There should also be two cup holders there if you take it out...
Look at the pic below and that is what you will see if you remove the rectangular center cushion and yes you can have leg room to sit up. A bit weird, but you can do it.
Is this what you are talking about?

thescott
12-17-2010, 03:41 AM
Yup - just like Diggs described above - at least on my 08 22. Never like that. It was one of our first mods. We got some marine grade plywood, some left over marine carpet from our local dealer and fashioned a 2 piece floor to put throughout that hole ballast area. When the front sack is full, it pushes the floor up a bit. But it's nice to have there and makes for a nicer storage space.
We just took and made a template from cardboard, cut the ply and added the carpet. Looks/works great.
I'll try to post up some pics of what I'm talking about over the weekend.

brwnorth
12-18-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks for all the input and pics to come ,i get the idea now jus wonder with the fake floor when the bag is empty does the floor have some thing to rest on besides the bag i may also have a local guy make a small cushion jus for the cup holders that are hidden and shorten the existing one

thescott
12-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Pics still to come, didn't get a chance to get to the boat today.

With my boat, there is actually about a 1/2 lip that sticks out around that whole area and that's what the floor rests on. It's solid. I'm 6' 200# and I can stand on the floor insert w/out and issue when the bow filler is out.

Fman
12-19-2010, 01:35 AM
Yup - just like Diggs described above - at least on my 08 22. Never like that. It was one of our first mods. We got some marine grade plywood, some left over marine carpet from our local dealer and fashioned a 2 piece floor to put throughout that hole ballast area. When the front sack is full, it pushes the floor up a bit. But it's nice to have there and makes for a nicer storage space.
We just took and made a template from cardboard, cut the ply and added the carpet. Looks/works great.
I'll try to post up some pics of what I'm talking about over the weekend.

Just curious, but is the cushion designed to be removed? I always thought the playpen was a permanent design and not meant to convert to a walk-thru style?

brwnorth
12-19-2010, 06:24 AM
Thanks for the follow up , this seems like a great set up i didnt realize the walk through was available or i may have went that way however im glad there is a way to do it now it will be the best of both :D

brwnorth
12-19-2010, 06:27 AM
Just curious, but is the cushion designed to be removed? I always thought the playpen was a permanent design and not meant to convert to a walk-thru style?

You still will have the area between the windshield that cannot be removed however when you get in the bow area that cushion can come up then put in the floor in that area

thescott
01-16-2011, 10:37 PM
Finally posting pics of the removable floor I built in below the playpen/above the ballast locker. Fman - this was not meant as a conversion to walkthrough. For me, it makes the area below there more usable as a storage space. We store our towels and throw cushion there among other things. Also, sometimes, when your chilling in the bow, you (well I) want to be able to remove the center cushion and drop your feet down. This floor is made of 3/4" marine grade ply, carpeted with marine carpet. It's solid, I'm about 200# and can stand on it and there's no issue. Easily removed. When we fill up the front bag it just lifts up a bit - this has caused no issues.

doofus
01-17-2011, 03:12 AM
Thanks for the pics. I have thought of doing the same with my 22SSV, but just never have gotten around to it so far, but you have just given me the motivation to do so...(well, maybe a winter time project anyway.)

mapleleaf
01-17-2011, 11:08 AM
That Marine ply might be better off with a coat CPES or Marine spar varnish... No doubt it'll be gettin wet!!!!

thescott
01-17-2011, 01:05 PM
That Marine ply might be better off with a coat CPES or Marine spar varnish... No doubt it'll be gettin wet!!!!

Yeah, that was the plan but just haven't got around to it yet. We put it in right after buying the boat then went on a series of trips right after and I just left the task on the back burner. Been there for 2.5 years though and no problem. The area actually stays really dry fortunately...so I'm not kicking myself for procrastinating, yet...But yeah, I should get on that. :rolleyes:

mapleleaf
01-18-2011, 12:05 AM
If it ain't broke........I should be quiet!

brwnorth
01-18-2011, 06:52 PM
Thank you for the pics deff helps and its a great idea