PDA

View Full Version : Carpet replacement

22ssvLaunchDAWG
12-19-2010, 07:22 PM
Thinking about removing the carpet in my ski lockers. Has anyone does this or know of good alternative?

dusty2221
12-19-2010, 08:04 PM
This has crossed my mind as well. I'm sure it is just an unfinished fiberglass floor underneath. My thought was pull it and do a few nice coats of the roll on textured bedliner.

edgewater1
12-21-2010, 04:46 PM
I would look into finishing the ski looker, if it is unfinished fiberglass, i would sand it , finish it. and the at non-skid strips.

jet
12-23-2010, 11:18 AM
Heres what I did. I painted mine with that garage floor epoxy, with the little sprinkles, moved the hinge to the opposite side so it would open to the inside of the boat, made it water tight to hold water and Ice, added a ice chest drain, led's and gas shocks. Looks and works great! Jet

stinky_1
12-23-2010, 06:41 PM
I have only seen 2 boats with ski lockers in them, but both of them had finished fiberglass under the carpet. We took it out of both of those boats. it makes it a lot nicer to keep clean.

Fman
12-23-2010, 09:40 PM
Heres what I did. I painted mine with that garage floor epoxy, with the little sprinkles, moved the hinge to the opposite side so it would open to the inside of the boat, made it water tight to hold water and Ice, added a ice chest drain, led's and gas shocks. Looks and works great! Jet

I never figured out why Skiers Choice puts carpet in the ski lockers, and all compartments, it just seems like a waste of time and money. They also use it on the sidewalls of the seating walls in the middle of the boat, which makes no sense to me either :confused: