PDA

View Full Version : WW: HSE Revolution 50% off! Auto Volume Control

87SunSportMikeyD
12-29-2010, 07:27 PM
http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/home.php?cat=280

http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/images/T/t-16188-01.jpg

The Revolution Volume Control integrates seamlessly into existing or new audio systems and performs the tedious task of changing the volume of your music from a high level while under way to a low listening level during slow speed maneuvering or at rest.

The Revolution Volume Control is installed between the stereo head unit and equalizer or amplifiers.

Stereo operation does not change when the Revolution Volume Control is off and when energized (ON) heightens your boating experience by letting you navigate, tow a rider or just relax as the music volume changes relative to the boat speed.

The operation of the HSE Revolution Volume Control combines a cutting edge microprocessor control system with the highest quality audio components.

The RPM signal monitoring circuitry is designed in a way that is independent of the number of cylinders associated with your boat engine.

Once installation is complete, the HSE Revolution Volume Control is simply programmed to operate at the desired engine RPM which is associated with the boat speed and can be changed at any time for any given condition.

---------

Maaaaan I want one of these so baaaaaddd..... $125 only!

Original Thread:
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784929

tg0824SSVGG
12-29-2010, 08:09 PM
I ordered mine just before Christmas! It showed up a few days later. Have wanted one of these for a LONG time, couldn't pass this price up.

Todd

docdrs
12-29-2010, 08:13 PM
after having no tunes when i rode all summer ,I pulled the plug on this too.......I am so ,lookin forward to see it working :)

wotan2525
12-30-2010, 11:57 AM
I can't justify it.... It only has 1 input, how do people use this? I run all my crossovers through my deck so I need to have something with at least 3-sets of ins/outs (or more!)

tg0824SSVGG
12-30-2010, 12:01 PM
I will put this between my head unit and the ws-420 ... there is only one input to the WS-420 already, this goes inline with that.

The ws-420 then splits into tower, in-boat and sub-woofer to the amplifiers.

jet
12-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Mikey!! I blew my wad sno skiing, why did you have to show me this?? :(

tg0824SSVGG
12-30-2010, 02:45 PM
I can't justify it.... It only has 1 input, how do people use this? I run all my crossovers through my deck so I need to have something with at least 3-sets of ins/outs (or more!)

Well, it actually has 2 inputs, but you select between them, such as the head unit, or an MP4/iPod etc.

Check the owners manual here: http://www.hsetrident.com/PDF/Owner_Manual_Complete.pdf

See if you can't make your situation work. If not, email David at Earmark - he will be more than willing
to help you out, and discuss what you're trying to achieve - and whether or not this will work for you.

jet
12-30-2010, 03:07 PM
tg..why would you need a 420 and the HSE?? Doesnt the 420 do the same thing as the HSE? I thought the HSE was a lesser $$ version of the 420? Am I wrong? Jet

tg0824SSVGG
12-30-2010, 03:12 PM
No Jet, different functions. the 420 is an equalizer that allows you to easily
Control the volume of in boat, tower, and woofer

The HSE is used to automatically adjust the volume based on your
Speed, so when you slow down/stop, it automatically drops the
Volume to your preset level. Then as you speed up, it automatically
Increases the volume to your preset level.

Gives the driver one less thing to deal with

dusty2221
12-30-2010, 03:37 PM
Jet, its like the auto speed volume on a car. You know, the first thing everyone dissables when they get the car....lol

:)

Sluggo
12-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Just pulled the trigger as well. Once someone gets one of these installed can you let me know what wire you spliced into for the tach signal?

Man this will be nice to not have the newbie drivers have to remember to turn the music up.

Thanks,

Dave

jet
12-30-2010, 05:31 PM
Thats what I thought..I just thought the 420 did that also. My bad. I hate that saying. First time I have had to use it. lol

tg0824SSVGG
12-30-2010, 07:07 PM
I bought the rpm sensor for that reason, not sure what to use for the input

Fman
12-30-2010, 08:24 PM
No Jet, different functions. the 420 is an equalizer that allows you to easily
Control the volume of in boat, tower, and woofer

The HSE is used to automatically adjust the volume based on your
Speed, so when you slow down/stop, it automatically drops the
Volume to your preset level. Then as you speed up, it automatically
Increases the volume to your preset level.

Gives the driver one less thing to deal with

You guys are going to really like this unit, once you have one you will never go back! Ours worked flawlessly all summer long.... what a great price on it, thats a steal!

tg0824SSVGG
12-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Travis,

If I remember correctly - you had this installed rather than DIY? Did your installer
use the RPM sensor, or tap a wire?

87SunSportMikeyD
12-31-2010, 01:25 PM
Oops I forgot to check back on my thread here. It goes INLINE between your audio source and your EQ. Basically you plug your ipod or cd deck into this (thus the only one input). Then that source goes to your EQ where it is split into many RCA cables for different speakers, etc.

For almost all (99% of) boats it clips right onto the rpm sensor.

I CANNOT believe I have wanted one of these for a couple years now and I am STILL trying to justify it WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!!!!! I think I am blowing too much money on my beer brewing hobby and forgetting to save for my other most-expensive-hobby. After my piss-poor showing last year I am out for vengance HARD CORE this year.

87SunSportMikeyD
02-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Well this deal appears to be DEAD......SIGH...

If anyone can hook this up or has any further info please pm me. :)

KG's Supra24
02-02-2011, 02:20 AM
I would just call david. He may still do it.

skyskiguy
09-14-2020, 06:20 PM
I would just call david. He may still do it.

Old thread revival!
Anyone know of an HSE volume control for sale? Had one in by last boat and would like to install it in my current tug. Please feel free to PM me or post here if you have one you'd be willing to part with.
Thanks!