PDA

View Full Version : Supra Saltare

RIDEHARD
12-30-2010, 01:22 PM
New to the forum I own a 1986 Supra saltare I bought it with 297 hours it was in storage for 6 years the boats got the 454 in it. Long story short the buzzer box for the gauges burnt up and would really like away to get another one. It is a discontinued part. Im not so worried about it when im driving but i prefer to be behind the boat so it would be nice to alert who ever is driving. Any ideas thanks

96Comp
12-31-2010, 08:22 AM
Not sure what the buzzer box is, since I don't have one on the Comp. You may want to check with Jim at Viper Customs in Maryville, TN. He has access to discontinued stock. If it is the audible alert for temp and oil, SKIDIM sells a system that I put on my boat. It is in the engine box, but you can hear it.

TitanTn
01-01-2011, 01:16 AM
I know what you're talking about, but I'm not aware of how to find a new one. I agree with 96Comp though, Jim at Viper Customs would know the answer.

sybrmike
01-03-2011, 10:59 AM
Probably not gonna splice my new guages into the old buzzer box (don't know if it even works or not). I'll make the final decision in a month or so & can let you know if interested.

cadunkle
01-08-2011, 03:36 PM
I'm curious how the warning lights and buzzer work. I've noticed twice my oil light has come on (no buzzer though) but goes off at some point. My pressure gauge says plenty of pressure, and lift the hatch and it's all quiet under there. If there really was no oil pressure there would be plenty of lifter clatter. Oil looks brand new, not dirty or any metal in it. Not sure what the deal is but I'd like to get it working properly this season.