PDA

View Full Version : Oh what a feeling! Just booked SHASTA!

Fman
12-30-2010, 08:32 PM
I feel really, really pumped! We just booked Lake Shasta for the end of July for 7 nights on a fantastic houseboat (Queen 1)! If you have never been on Shasta before you are missing out! Its a monster lake and has some of the best fingers in Nor-Cal! with some of the best water around!

Hope to see someone with a Supra out there next year!

and Happy new year! 2010 is almost over.... wow, time flies!

tg0824SSVGG
12-30-2010, 09:28 PM
Travis, awesome! Is that the same triple decker you had last summer?

Sluggo
12-31-2010, 01:30 AM
We hit Dale Hollow Lake in TN every year about that time. The marina we have been going out of for almost 20 years is so packed that we reserve the boats for the following year when we turn them in after our trip. Unfortunately several weeks ago they had a fire that destroyed 6 houseboats. I think 4 of them were from their rental fleet. Just can't imagine having that much invested in a boat or vacation home and it be gone with in minutes.

http://lakecumberland.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=29250

scotthons
12-31-2010, 11:38 AM
I am jealous! Shasta is awesome!

Fman
12-31-2010, 12:44 PM
Travis, awesome! Is that the same triple decker you had last summer?

Yes, Todd, triple decker with a hot tub! 3 baths, 4 bedroom + estate room, outdoor kitchen area w/TV and satellite. Heck, its even got a fireplace and surround system. They are offering 20% discounts right now for anyone interested.

Contact Silverthorne Resorts, ask for Terry.

http://www.silverthornresort.com/

87SunSportMikeyD
12-31-2010, 01:16 PM
Jaw is on the floor. So jealous!

Fman
12-31-2010, 09:35 PM
Jaw is on the floor. So jealous!

Definitely more affordable with the 3 families going, would be way out of our price range for just my family. We have 15 people coming on the trip, that is why we are getting the largest boat in the fleet.

stinky_1
12-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Sounds like fun.

We can book houseboats with our timeshare I just never actually looked into it. Maybe we will try for something this year.

We just booked a place for a week up on Windermere lake in BC. We have it for Canada day week/weekend. thats the first week our kids have off school.

2 weeks later we will be out at lake Koocanusa in BC/Montana. I love that lake!

SUPRA_ALLEGRO_LANE
01-03-2011, 01:21 AM
Thats in my backyard Fman. Ill probly see you out there....

Okie Boarder
01-03-2011, 04:45 PM
That's awesome. The rates looks pretty decent...especially splitting between three families. We're probably going to do a houseboat trip in a couple years with my family, my brothers family and maybe one other and/ or parents.

Fman
01-03-2011, 05:36 PM
That's awesome. The rates looks pretty decent...especially splitting between three families. We're probably going to do a houseboat trip in a couple years with my family, my brothers family and maybe one other and/ or parents.

Once you visit a lake on a houseboat, you will never go back to camping again! Nothing better than waking up at 6:30am, step off the boat for a morning glass run, back on for breakfast and coffee! Just the convenience of being on the water is priceless!

ScottnAz
01-08-2011, 10:16 PM
I am, most definitely, jealous Travis. Heck, it seems like yesterday you were posting pics of your trip this past summer. Where does the time go?

We've been "trying" to put together a houseboat trip for several years, but just can't seem to pull the trigger on it. Maybe this summer we'll just rent an RV and tow the yellow/black surf machine out to Shasta and search for a houseboat and sweet fossil/black Supra.... :):) How big is the lake, anyway ;)

Fman
01-09-2011, 11:03 PM
I am, most definitely, jealous Travis. Heck, it seems like yesterday you were posting pics of your trip this past summer. Where does the time go?

We've been "trying" to put together a houseboat trip for several years, but just can't seem to pull the trigger on it. Maybe this summer we'll just rent an RV and tow the yellow/black surf machine out to Shasta and search for a houseboat and sweet fossil/black Supra.... :):) How big is the lake, anyway ;)

Scott,

I would highly recommend you try it, once you experience being on the water for a week its really tough to back to camping. The lake is over 4,200,000 acre feet. I have attached a map to take a peek at. If you can get 3 families together it really reduces the cost of the trip.

We launch out of Silverthorne (74), and spend a lot of time on the squaw arm. Its a great day just driving around the lake and seeing all the different areas, I also really like the upper Sacramento arm/gooseneck area.

Fman
01-09-2011, 11:07 PM
That 20% discount ought to help out with the $5.oo/ gallon prices.

Lets only hope it does not break $4 this year! because if it reaches $5 in town it will be $6/gallon at the marina! Only $240 a fill up! :) ouch!