PDA

View Full Version : Looking for new board with big pop and butter soft landings

stinky_1
12-31-2010, 06:34 PM
Does this board even Exist?

I rode a Liquid force fish for half of last year. It had nice soft landings and decent amount of pop. I was an air junkie though, and figured I needed something with more of a 3 stage rocker on it. I bought a ronix Vault and used that for the rest of the season. I ended up selling the fish, which I thoroughly regret now.

My knees are killing me after having such hard landings on the Vault.

So, now my search is going for something that has really soft landings, and still has pop. I would prefer something in a 3 stage setup. But it still has to land soft. The bottom on all the ronix boards are smooth in the middle. And I am sure that is what is helping with the hard landings.

The fish had a deep V concave on the center of the board. It breaks the water on impact and makes it much much softer to land on. Has anyone seen newer boards that have that as well? At this point I just need some direction. I dont care which brand. As long as it lands soft and has some good pop

Skulls
12-31-2010, 10:43 PM
I have a 08 Byerly Monarch that I really like. I had back surgery (L5/SI Fusion) Nov 2009 and was medically cleared just before summer 2010. I rode all summer with no problems. I could tell a huge difference between my old board and the Monarch prior to my surgery. The Monarch was a lot more forgiving even though I was in constant pain from my back. I bought it on clearance so the cost wasn’t that bad.

KG's Supra24
01-02-2011, 02:22 AM
Check out the new Ronix Pheonix Project. That is the board I'd like to get into but doubt i will. It is pretty much ronixs version of a flex board.

dusty2221
01-03-2011, 12:29 PM
Sounds like you need a flex board. I'm on my first Flex, which is a Slingshot. It has a 3 stage, so it will boot you realy nice, and the landings are smoother than any board I have been on.

87SunSportMikeyD
01-03-2011, 12:36 PM
I can't stop repping my Watson. It has been the single most popular wakeboard for like the last 5 years. It combines a poppy 3-stage with a nice deep spine on the bottom of the board. I have ridden most of LF's boards and the Watson is my all time fav.

stinky_1
01-03-2011, 02:45 PM
I was looking at the slingshot in the past, the problem at the time was that my Ronix Cell's would not bolt onto it. Have they fallen in line with the other bolt layouts yet?

Ill have to check out the watson. I know his bindings felt terrible on my feet so I didnt give the board much of a chance.

87SunSportMikeyD
01-03-2011, 05:17 PM
Huh that is interesting, I am a big fan of LF bindings. The new ones should have heat molded liners (I believe). When I am looking for bindings, I look for metal base plates and a one-piece inner liner which avoids pinching or pressure points.

The binding or board mfg should make 4-to-6-hole binding plate converters/adapters.

stinky_1
01-03-2011, 07:21 PM
I have really fat feet, I found the watsons and every other LF binding I tried on were just too narrow. Slipped into the cells and my foot felt great. I ended up wearing them around the store for 30 - 45 minutes while I checked out boards.

After they were heat molded they fit even better. I tried the watsons back on after just to be sure and I was feeling pressure points like crazy.

Will deff look into the flex boards a bit closer though. Thank you for the tips.

Also had a quick look at the Slingshots, it looks like their base plates will take their own bindings as well as other brands now. Which is good.

dusty2221
01-04-2011, 12:02 AM
I run Ronix Cells on my Slingshot :)

jet
01-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Ronix/PBV2 Dark Core Carbon or special edition (Parks Bonifey) Ibex really. Got a try her with One bindings EXTREMELY light 12-13 lbs..and has a secret pyramid that lights up when you land out in the flats (you can replace your knees later)..very coool! Jet

http://www.gotriver.com/ronix_wakeboard_ibexpbv2.htm