PDA

View Full Version : Seadeck swim platform

Fman
01-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Has anyone put a Black on black seadeck pad on there swim platform? any problems? And if yes, could you shoot some pics.

I want to re-do my stock platform with a seadeck this year but black is the only color that will really go with the boat. The tan color they offer is way to punchy, and would stand out like a sore thumb. I called them a few months ago and they said there is no warranty coverage on black, because of shrinkage. Cant really figure out why this is the case only with black.

Anyhow, just wanted to get some input from anyone who might have went with an all black seadeck.

Thanks!

Razzman
01-02-2011, 08:01 PM
It's because the black can get extremely hot and the adhesive loosens up a bit allowing it to shrink or pull in, at least that what's Seadek themselves said.

KG's Supra24
01-03-2011, 01:53 AM
Let everyone know what you find out fman. Black is the only color that would work for me as well.

jsandy
01-03-2011, 09:14 AM
not the same but close. i also am a very avid bass fisherman with a black and red 21ft cobra. this boat is great but it is HOT!!!!! it forces me to wear shoes year round. the swim deck might not be so bad since its in the water half the time but i would deff try to use white