PDA

View Full Version : Neutral safety switch

TitanTn
01-10-2011, 01:21 AM
The PO removed the wires for the neutral safety switch and now I don't know how it's supposed to be wired. Can someone describe it for me or even better yet, take a picture?

michael hunter
01-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Its a two terminal screw on switch on the top of the trans. It doesnt matter what term you attach the wires to.

TitanTn
01-10-2011, 05:43 PM
Its a two terminal screw on switch on the top of the trans. It doesnt matter what term you attach the wires to.

Thanks Michael, but I understand that it doesn't matter which of the two I connect. I just don't know which two wires to be messing with. The previous owner removed the wires entirely. What connects to the safety switch? He mentioned that he had disconnected it when he had a minor problem, but it wasn't the issue and he never put it back. He said it'd be easy to hook back, but failed to mention that he removed the wires completely.

beast 496
01-10-2011, 07:30 PM
The wire color code is yellow with a red tracer. The wire comes from the key switch to the main connector, from connector at engine to safety switch, from switch to crank solinoid. The PO probably removed the wires and connected directly to the solioid. The safety switches are really cheap in price. $25.00 for the Velvet drive. Not really worth skipping this safety. Al

TitanTn
01-14-2011, 11:28 PM
Thanks. I think I have it figured out. My wire coming from the front is white and not yellow, but I've got it figured how I need to wire it back. Thanks again.