PDA

View Full Version : Uniform wake??

tcdailey3
11-14-2004, 03:54 AM
I was wondering about the wake behind my 01 SSV. The right hand side of the wake is nice and crisp both with plate up or down, but the left side of the wake seems to be some what cavitated at the top. Is this a weighting problem ( from my cooler of beer ) or the balance of the boat, or is just that way? Although I have never used my internal ballast to see if there is any difference, but the top 3 -4 inches of the wake appear to be cavitated along the entire length of the wake. I guess an example would be like turning and watching the inside wake. If anyone can help many thanks, it will help my backside airs.

silvtongdvl
11-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Its weight related. Have someone move to the other side of the boat - move the cooler - or fill the ballast enough to counter your weight if nobody else is in the boat. Filling the front ballast alittle will help too.
~S~

tcdailey3
11-15-2004, 10:30 PM
thanks ~S~, i'm learning lots from reading all the bulletins.

silvtongdvl
11-17-2004, 10:38 AM
These forums are great for information exchange.
I learn all the time too.

NateSSV
05-17-2005, 01:30 PM
You are definately looking at a weight issue. When you get into wakeboarding, and wake enhancement, the balance of the boat is very important. It is something that is easily corrected, but you want to make sure that you are getting good equipment and the right info. I suggest going to and asking how you can tweak your boat for the best wake.

Everytme that we go out we are riding on a tournament quality wake, and they have helped hundreds of other people get the same perfect wake with their supras. Also there is a discount for Supra owners. http://www.thewakestore.com (http://www.thewakestore.com)

Good luck and have fun out on the water...

07-10-2006, 12:01 AM
funny ringtones

DKJBama92Mariah
07-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by NateSSV
Everytme that we go out we are riding on a tournament quality wake, and they have helped hundreds of other people get the same perfect wake with their supras. Also there is a discount for Supra owners. http://www.thewakestore.com

Nate, I checked out the page you cited and all i was able to get was a "Godaddy" webhosting universal webpage. The only substantive things I saw on there were several "sponsored" links to the websites of other retailers. Am i mistaken in my current state of delerium, or is there some other functionality to the site I missed that goes beyond a simple page full of ads?

BTW, I'm not trying to flame you, I just couldnt find anythingheir on the page where i could contact someone to give me some (unbiased) advice on my wake. Not sure how much they could help me though. The beauty of Alabama is that you don't have to sack it out, your passengers bring enough ballast with their coolers of beer. I get alot of laughs when i ask someone to take the wheel in the middle of a run so i can rearrange the coolers to make the boat ride level so the wake looks somewhat decent.

What i didnt realize till 2 weeks ago was that when i load her down with 10-12 people + their booze, she throws out a sweet wake! Too bad i don't have a tower or skylon; that wake would be SICK if i had somewhere to attach the rope without decapitating some poor girl in the rear of the boat with the rope.

Oh well, i guess i'll just have another season of being DD for my drunk friends. At least i get to laugh at them and their stupidity. I havent boarded or skied this season mainly b/c even though i consider everyone onboard to be a close friend, I still don't trust any of them enough to turn em loose with my Mariah; she IS my baby.

DKJ