PDA

View Full Version : Roswell speaker performance

Fman
01-11-2011, 02:20 PM
How do the Roswell tower speakers sound that come with some of the Supras? What do they compare to?

tg0824SSVGG
01-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Travis -- they sound "ok" -- but I want better than that, so I am replacing my tower speakers -- I have the light bar for sale ... (hint hint).

I could never get it so that someone surfing could actually hear the stereo clearly.

They are just not made for "projecting" ... I had some DIFFERENT Roswell speakers on the old boat (Vamp Spin Pro) that were better, but still don't touch the sound put out by a horn based speaker ...

Todd

KG's Supra24
01-11-2011, 03:16 PM
Can't speak for the news ones but my Roswell bar came with the Kenwoods that were in the boat also.

Last summer I had 6.5" Bullet Coaxials in them and they sounded GREAT at surfing distance. I could hear them at wakeboarding distance, they just weren't loud like an HLCD.

Once again, not positive on the new ones, but my older style Roswell bar has lights that shine down into the cabin (courtesy lights) that i absolutely love. Plus the surfing lights are an added bonus.

Fman
01-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Travis -- they sound "ok" -- but I want better than that, so I am replacing my tower speakers -- I have the light bar for sale ... (hint hint).

I could never get it so that someone surfing could actually hear the stereo clearly.

They are just not made for "projecting" ... I had some DIFFERENT Roswell speakers on the old boat (Vamp Spin Pro) that were better, but still don't touch the sound put out by a horn based speaker ...

Todd

Bummer, thats pretty crudy if they cant even project out at surfing distance. Are they kenwood speakers in the cans? what brand?

KG's Supra24
01-11-2011, 10:46 PM
My year it was Roswell. I think in 07 or 08 it switched to Kicker. Know i believe it is MB Quartz?

Are you looking to buy a roswell bar? I think you will def want to chose the speaker you put in there if it is possible to buy it without the speakers.

Not sure what you are trying to get into.

wotan2525
01-12-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't have any experience with Roswell, but I think some of you may be overlooking one aspect of driving these speakers. Horn speakers are generally more efficient and can handle more power.... I have cheap Kicker 6x9s in my tower and can hear them clearly at surf speed, wakeboard speed and have had WetSounds owners ask me how they sound so good. The secret? TONS of power.

KG's Supra24
01-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Good point Wotan. Even with my 6.5" coaxials, i was pushing the max they were rated at. 100w per speaker for a total of 400w.

jonyb
01-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Travis, don't know what you're looking to do, but honestly buying the Roswell bar (no matter what speakers are loaded) wouldn't be the best choice compared to what you're gonna spend on a good set of aftermarket can's and speakers.

If you need more advice you can PM me.

riderite
01-21-2011, 06:27 PM
Try wakeskishop.com

The Alpha 1 Horn System incorporates the Kicker KM6500.2 series mid range speaker and horn loaded compression driver component system. This high efficiency marine component system puts the music out where the rider is! Manufactured using advanced materials and construction techniques to maintain optimal performance for years to come.

•Two(2) 6.5" midbass.midrange drivers
•Two(2) 1.7" compression horn drivers (HLCD)
•200 watts RMS / 400 watts peak power handling
•Custom clamps machined to fit any tower

jet
01-24-2011, 02:26 PM
Anybody tried these?? Any reviews yet? Jet

W$R
01-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Anybody tried these?? Any reviews yet? Jet

If you are asking about the Kickers HLCD, I have them on my boat/Series II Tower and they friggen kick a**. By far the loudest clearest speakers I have heard!