PDA

View Full Version : 86 Saltare in OH $5000

abehrens
01-15-2011, 07:47 PM
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_Hmz0sy9YWks/TTImeLgJ0GI/AAAAAAAACXY/fTZ-lrcCKZo/s640/TN10%20083.JPG

1986 Supra Saltare $5000 or trade for Pontoon

Boat is located in Canton, Ohio area

1033 Hours on Chevy 454
Edelbrock Carb
Mallory Unilite Distributor

I'm selling boat for my neighbor who wants a pontoon. It's lived on a private ski lake its whole life. Never been used in salt water.

I put about 15 hours on the boat last season and it's a good runner. Starts first try every time. Will do about 43mph on the GPS.

Boat has some new interior parts and some that need replaced. The driver's seat is new, and some of the bow cushions have been redone. The ski locker cover needs replaced, and the other seats are so-so. It also has a great custom cover that's only a few years old. The floor is solid except for a small spot right in front of the observer's seat. The stringers seem good - none of the motor mounts are loose.

The engine runs great, as I said. The owner replaced the carb and installed an Electronic Ignition, as well as high perf spark plug wires. The trans shifts well and doesn't have any problems. The prop shaft seal could be replaced though.

The exterior of the boat is oxidized but easily rubs out. You can see in some of the pics where I did about a 3' section by hand. No big deal. It also has a nasty hit in the rear right where the glass is cracked, but it is from a dock and is well about the water line. No issues on the water.

Dual axle trailer is included.

Pictures Here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/awbehrens/Saltare?feat=directlink

premierproperties
01-22-2011, 07:54 PM
email me @ [email protected] with a contact number

SupraSaltare93
01-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Still one of the best looking profile boats. Yes, she needs cosmetic help but the lines on that boat are fantastic. I'm very encouraged that this boat with over 1000 hours still starts routinely for you as I am buying a 93' Saltare with nearly 600 hours and I'm worried that the engine hours are too high. Good luck with the sale!

abehrens
01-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Thanks, whoever buys it will get a great boat. It's got a lot of life left in it.

600 hours is just getting started as long as the boat was well maintained.

abehrens
01-29-2011, 11:25 AM
@premierproperties did you get my message?

abehrens
02-10-2011, 11:14 PM
NOBODY wants a Salty?

Goosalandi29
02-15-2011, 10:15 AM
how much for the boat next to in on the left in the last pic :) ??? is that for sale too? looks like a sunsport i have been looking for

abehrens
02-25-2011, 11:42 AM
If you're giving it away, I'll take it!!
It really needs a lot of work. I bet the stringers need replaced. They're at the quarter century mark and haven't seen many boats on here make it any longer. $4k+

Professional buff and polish. $1k

Upholstery needs desperate repair. The mix and match isn't to desirable. $2.5k +

Dash and guages look very worn. $500+

Engine work...$1k easily.

Needs mufflers, gelcoat repair, and teak swimdeck looks shot.

Trailer...carpet at least. $$

Ever thought of raffling tickets for it? Buy in at $50 bucks a pop. If you can give 100 people a chance at winning a project boat you might get what you're neighbor wants out it.
I'm not saying it's not worth 5k now, it's just a tough sell with that much work. Mine was in much better shape when I restored mine last year and the cost added up quickly.
You have a very limited demographic to purchase this boat.

Wow, thanks for the great suggestions. I forgot that everyone that owns a Supra has to have a $10k restoration done to enjoy it. I'll be sure to get all that done and relist.

OR someone that's looking for a good first boat, maybe a college kid just starting out (like myself), maybe someone that has time to buff out and care for this boat, will see this posting and give me a call.

It's a good boat and will last for years in its current shape with simple routine maintenance.

wotan2525
02-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Wow, thanks for the great suggestions. I forgot that everyone that owns a Supra has to have a $10k restoration done to enjoy it. I'll be sure to get all that done and relist.

OR someone that's looking for a good first boat, maybe a college kid just starting out (like myself), maybe someone that has time to buff out and care for this boat, will see this posting and give me a call.

It's a good boat and will last for years in its current shape with simple routine maintenance.

I agree. A professional buff and refinish might cost $1000.... but someone can do it in their backyard for less than $100. This is a good starter or project boat. I don't think your price is too out of line and I think you'll be able to sell it come spring. Good luck with the sale!

dshaff24
02-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Thats a great starter boat.. Id have it shining in one whole day and less then $50 dollars into the materials.. and 10 hours of sanding/buffing

As for the gauges.. Id just pull off the two gold rings on the speedo's and hit them with flat black spray paint.. Gauges look fine then! I did this before I got all new stuff.

Swim platform is simple.. Sand and re teak! Power tools cut jobs like that in half..

Its all up to the stringers

stinky_1
02-26-2011, 10:46 PM
you guys are funny.

$5000 is a great starting point for a negotiation. If you meet in the middle between free and 5K I think you have a great boat for a great price.

I do agree that if the poster dumper a bit of time in it and made the hull shine they could fetch that 5K very easy for an easy easy sale. For whatever reason a shiny hull seems to make people over look all the other problems.

I have my sunsport to play with, so I am not in the market for one of these. But I see no reason why this wouldnt be a great boat as is for a summer or two. The buyer would have the choice to rebuild when he is ready. but any college kid should be jumping at a chance to own a huge party boat for so cheap.

Yes, it will take a LOT of money to restore it to its former glory. As the OP says though you do not NEED to do all that to enjoy it. If it starts and runs and floats then its ready to go.

Hopefully you can find a buyer. I would try craigslist pretty soon. The market will be warming up quickly

abehrens
03-19-2011, 12:26 PM
Thanks, guys I appreciate all of the nice words about the boat. I'd have it cleaned up in a snap, but i'm listing it for my neighbor lady who just got divorced. She isn't interested in polishing it, and as nice of a neighbor as I am, I can't polish a 23' boat for her.

The price is negotiable, she just wants to get rid of it and buy a pontoon.

I just put it on CL today, along with my 85 Sunsport. As you can see, we've got quite a fleet started here. Come look at both!

Salty:
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/boa/2320776672.html
Sunny:
http://akroncanton.craigslist.org/boa/2273917580.html

abehrens
04-12-2011, 01:14 PM
Price Drop $4500

Summerizing this weekend.

duckseatfree
04-13-2011, 02:03 PM
If I had not bought my sunsport in Sept, I would totally go for the salty...looks like a great boat!

wspeedin
04-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Do you have the middle part of the windshield? it looks like its missing! What about the original "love seat"?

abehrens
04-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Do you have the middle part of the windshield? it looks like its missing! What about the original "love seat"?

Yep. still have the orginal seat and the windshield. New seat is nice though.

The original carb will go with the boat too.

abehrens
04-21-2011, 03:42 PM
New Pics taken 4/21

https://picasaweb.google.com/awbehrens/Saltare2

abehrens
04-21-2011, 07:24 PM
Good thing they only use the trailer twice a year! I stood in the lake and blocked last year when we put it away.

abehrens
04-30-2011, 02:30 PM
Sooooooooooold