PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Supra Reunion - Mid-Atlantic

csuggs
01-20-2011, 05:05 PM
I think we tried to do this last year and things kind of got away from us and next thing you know summer is over. So is there any interest in a Supra Reunion of the Mid-Atlantic states? Anybody want to come to Summersville Lake in West Virginia? It's a long ride for many of you, but the lake is nice!! I'll organize something. Or maybe somebody wants to do something else . . .
Ideas?

jzelt
01-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Says 3 3/4 hrs but with towing thru WV, probably more like 5.
June 17-26 (actually weekend of 24-26 would work great as we will be coming back from a week of houseboating at Cave Run Lake in KY) , July 4th and Labor day weekend, August 24-29, Bristol week is bad for me.

Only weekends I know of that I have something going on.

cmtaylor777
01-27-2011, 06:24 PM
Would love to but..... with our Reunion in Tx/Oak, then Brostock, Gonna be hard to do. Maybe next year.

dshaff24
01-27-2011, 11:15 PM
I been wanting to check summerville out... Id be game as long as I get the rest of my trailer up to date!

Sluggo
01-28-2011, 10:00 AM
I would be interested depending on the date. Are there any camp grounds on the lake?

csuggs
01-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Hey - glad to see some response. Summersville is a beautiful lake with some of the clearest water you'll find - deep too. There is a campground, and there are some cabins. Also there are hotels in town which is where I usually stay. Here;s a link:

http://www.summersvillelakeretreat.com/

The only time I cannot go for sure is 4th of July weekend (annual pig roast at my house) and the last week of July when I will be at the beach. Probably sometime in Late June would be good.

Ed G
01-29-2011, 09:42 AM
How far is that from Pittsburgh?

(specifically - Washington, Pa)

jzelt
01-30-2011, 08:21 PM
~3 hrs straight down 79.

vvfdfirefighter
02-13-2011, 06:57 PM
I think we tried to do this last year and things kind of got away from us and next thing you know summer is over. So is there any interest in a Supra Reunion of the Mid-Atlantic states? Anybody want to come to Summersville Lake in West Virginia? It's a long ride for many of you, but the lake is nice!! I'll organize something. Or maybe somebody wants to do something else . . .
Ideas?

Sounds like a great plan. I'm from Fairmont, currently living in Virginia beach right now. But I would love to finally get to ride around with some other Supra Owners...My Marauder, although completely 1987 stock, besides a few motor parts, has turned heads for 4 years on the Tygart River. still does every year...I refuse to take it to va and put it in the salt water. Holiday's or holiday weekends won't work out for me. I'm a US Air Force Fire Fighter and I work them all.

cadunkle
02-13-2011, 08:55 PM
I'd like to but that may be a bit far for me to do a weekend.

I've never been there but a friend from work has been to Raystown Lake in PA and recommended it to me. 30 miles of lake, houseboat rentals and campsites. I was considering doing a 3-4 day weekend there as it's about 4-5 hour drive from my neck of the woods. Not sure if anyone is familiar with Raystown or from that area, but I would consider doing a trip there.