PDA

View Full Version : 04 Gravity Games Speaker Question

Spotts
11-22-2004, 03:46 PM
I have an '04 Gravity Games Supra and was wondering what speakers are in the casings? I never got any literature on the Mako Lightbar/Speaker combo. Are the speakers the MB Quart DKE-116's, the RCE-216's, or the PCD-216's. I know all three options of speakers are available with that light bar combo package.
Please help...

Also, anyone else with this boat, have you done anything to beef up the stereo? and if so what? I have a bazooka tube from an old car i'm considering installing and I noticed the 05' GG boat has 2 amps. Definately want to increase the output of whatever speakers are on my tower.

03-07-2005, 01:32 AM
Purchased a Gravity games in June 04. I am really disappointed with the sound quality of the tower and bass set up. Have you done any mods to your system. I would really like to improve the bass quality. Let me know.;)

osoyoossurfin
03-07-2005, 01:33 AM
Purchased a Gravity games in June 04. I am really disappointed with the sound quality of the tower and bass set up. Have you done any mods to your system. I would really like to improve the bass quality. Let me know.;)

silvtongdvl
03-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Guys -The speakers are the dk or coax kind. You can upgrade to the RCE216 and make a big difference. If you have the 5 channel kenwood amp - adjust as follows.
1. Make sure the inside the boat speakers are on the front two channels - thats four speakers wired to the front - 2 ohm load.
2. Tower speakers are on the rear - the sub has its own hook up.
3. Freq setting for A channel - from fact is around 200 - turn down to below 80
4 . Same for B channel
5 Turn HPF for channel A & B - on
6. Turn sub output freq down almost all the way. 40.
Get this far - then let know whats going on. Fade the deck from front to rear to turn speakers down inside boat - but still leaves tower speakers loud.
7. Turn loadness off on the deck - raise bass to 4 or 5 - mid to 2 or 3 - treble to 3 or 4.
Report back at what level each control under the little glass is set at and on your deck - what volume # your speakers start to break up at. Also how high the deck will go.
Deck should have a top volume like 40 on the display - you might be breaking up 30 - let me know where your settings are at.
The free air sub kinda sucks but these adjustments should make it better.
~S~