PDA

View Full Version : Walker project Wakesurf Board

cmtaylor777
01-27-2011, 06:19 PM
Hey guys,

My wife grabbed a hold of a Walker Project Wakesurf board at the end of the year when they did the 2010 closeout. It turns out that it wasn't the size that they quoted her so I am sending it back. Dealer said they would ship it directly to someone if I found anybody that wanted it. I figured I would post it up before I send it back. Close out price was $500 and I think it originally went for close to a grand. Let me know if anyone is interested. Going in the mail soon. Payment would go to Walker Project so all Dealer warranties apply.

Its a Custom 4'7" F18 Outlaw edition. 4 fin.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d121/vanessarb/board.jpg

wotan2525
01-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Absolutely bad-ass board. Has a very unique ride to it. Not for beginners, that's for sure. What size did you want? I'd ride it if I were you!

cmtaylor777
01-27-2011, 06:27 PM
They listed it at 4'9". I was going to make due with it but I was told by Walker boys that I would be better off with a 4'11 or 5'1". I love the graphics on this one. It is sick!!! Even better in person. I'm afraid I won't be able to get one that i like as much. It's sitting in my room just taunting me.

KG's Supra24
01-27-2011, 07:42 PM
Walker is the real deal for anyone looking for a surf board!!!

wotan2525
01-28-2011, 12:33 PM
They listed it at 4'9". I was going to make due with it but I was told by Walker boys that I would be better off with a 4'11 or 5'1". I love the graphics on this one. It is sick!!! Even better in person. I'm afraid I won't be able to get one that i like as much. It's sitting in my room just taunting me.

What are you riding now? I'm a fat-kid... 6'2, ~225lbs and I can ride the 4'7"

87SunSportMikeyD
01-28-2011, 01:54 PM
What is the recommended weight range for the board? Bad ass board.

Wotan - man we gotta ride together lol

cmtaylor777
01-28-2011, 07:34 PM
What are you riding now? I'm a fat-kid... 6'2, ~225lbs and I can ride the 4'7"

I'm 5'11 around 220. I usually ride whatever is in the boat. I think I could probably get use to it but last year Dusty demo'd a 4'9" shredstixx that I hated. I sank it everytime and never got it to work for me. In my defense, Dusty had problems with it as well even though he is quite a bit lighter than me. He was as unimpressed as I was with it but he had more luck than I did. With that said, I want to make sure if I am dropping this much money on a board, it will be the right one for me. I don't want to have to constantly work to get what I want out of it. I had Matt's 5'4" walker Project bazooka for the late part of last year and fell in love with it. You could literally fall asleep on this thing and it would hold itself in the pocket. It started feeling a little big when we started to try getting air and ollies so I thought I would go a little smaller. When they offered this board up, they listed at 4'9" which I was going to try to work with. It is clearly a 4'6" or 4'7". I would love to try it out but I don't want to be stuck with it if it is in fact not the best size for me.

cmtaylor777
01-28-2011, 07:36 PM
What is the recommended weight range for the board? Bad ass board.

Wotan - man we gotta ride together lol

I think it would be ideal for someone around 175 to 185lb. Haven't seen that since Senior year.

ScottnAz
01-28-2011, 09:53 PM
Great looking board, someone snatch that thing up!!

I'd agree, probably a board for the 175-185 rider.....
For what it's worth, my Walker board is 4.9 and I'm 6-2, 205(ish)

Good luck with the sale. I'll admit I thought about it for a moment.
Nice board, nice price

wotan2525
01-31-2011, 01:26 PM
Sounds like you know what's up. I find the 4'7" to be a little too squirrely for me, but I can ride it semi-comfortably on a big wave. I've got a Walzer 4'6" that is more stable and fun and a Walker (can't remember how big.,... I think around 5') that is easy to ride.

I've never had much luck on a ShredStixx. Just haven't found one that doesn't buck-me off or dive dive dive.

cmtaylor777
01-31-2011, 09:39 PM
:rolleyes:
Sounds like you know what's up. I find the 4'7" to be a little too squirrely for me, but I can ride it semi-comfortably on a big wave. I've got a Walzer 4'6" that is more stable and fun and a Walker (can't remember how big.,... I think around 5') that is easy to ride.

I've never had much luck on a ShredStixx. Just haven't found one that doesn't buck-me off or dive dive dive.

My thoughts exactly. I hated the shredstixx, but some people love them. I really want a 5'1" that is fast an responsive. I think I will be happy with that for a while. But.....the more I look at this one.....:rolleyes: