PDA

View Full Version : 04 GG Lightbar/Speaker Question

Spotts
11-22-2004, 03:48 PM
I have an '04 Gravity Games Supra and was wondering what speakers are in the casings? I never got any literature on the Mako Lightbar/Speaker combo. Are the speakers the MB Quart DKE-116's, the RCE-216's, or the PCD-216's. I know all three options of speakers are available with that light bar combo package.
Please help...

Also, anyone else with this boat, have you done anything to beef up the stereo? and if so what? I have a bazooka tube from an old car i'm considering installing and I noticed the 05' GG boat has 2 amps. Definately want to increase the output of whatever speakers are on my tower. Suggestions please.

silvtongdvl
12-01-2004, 01:55 PM
I think there was two different model amps used on the 04 GG boats. One is a Kenwood 5 chaanel amp - big critter inside your compartment mounted on the wall. !st thing to do if that is the model you have is - turn the freq levels down to under 80. Most likely it came with them set on 200. Make sure the High pass filter is on for both A & B channels.
Your speakers are most likely the DK's or discus series.

If you have the other amp - alot of what I said is still true.
I have changed mine - I got the regular SSV but it came with that amp (friends with 04 GG boats have the same amp)

Go to Kenwood's website and down load your owners manuals if you didn't get one from the dealer. I am sure you have more questions - just ask - I will help. Been there.
~S~