PDA

View Full Version : Not again??

jet
02-01-2011, 11:17 AM
ZERO wind chill 2"-Ice and 2" of snow and lots of lightning and thunder last night. When will it end?? The boat show starts this weekend I think though..:D

tg0824SSVGG
02-01-2011, 11:35 AM
Wow Jet, for where you live, that is nuts.

Today here, we have a temp spread of -17 to a high of -4, but the wind chill all day is
supposed to be -25 to -35 *all farenheit*

Strange thing .. it was 65 on Saturday.

Nuts.

I was in the Orlando area over the weekend, it was 75 when I left ... it's 80-90 degrees COLDER here ...

BRR

87SunSportMikeyD
02-01-2011, 12:26 PM
3" more snow for us - but Chicago is getting 24'!!! Gonna be sub zero tonight. I hate this crap!!!!!!

TayTay
02-01-2011, 01:04 PM
A co-worker of mine was in Denver last week and she said it was 70 degrees and then this week the high is supposed to be 2! Really weird...

Skylar18
02-01-2011, 01:11 PM
This is the first winter I have been down in Texas where I am contemplating buying a winter coat. People where out on the lake this weekend here, I hope they keep their boats in heated garages because we will have 3-4 days of a hard freeze this week.

Was in Chicago last weekend to go to the Bears Packers game. Had to borrow a coat. Don't miss the snow at all, salt on the car, slush on the sidewalks, crap on your shoes, using your winshield washer fluid every 45 seconds to see out the window.

I feel for you guys, though I miss snowmobiling and skiing.

Okie Boarder
02-01-2011, 01:19 PM
A little worse here jet. We've gotten 6-8" in the OKC area and more in NE OK. The wind is the biggest issue and snow blowing around is creating quite the issue. We have some drifts in our yard 2-3' deep. It's still snowing here, but just about done. This is quite a good winter storm. The upper midwest and northeast looks to get slammed. It's hard to believe it was 76 on Saturday.

sybrmike
02-01-2011, 03:58 PM
I guess it's all relative & what you're used to. We're in for 20 F in NW burbs of Houston tonight & high's in the 30's for the next few days & calling for 1-3" of snow on Thursday - pales in comparison to you folks, but I'm about ready to move further South!

We're not built or equipped for cold weather down here - I lost the valve on the outdoor shower & sprinkler BFP last winter when we hit 18 F even though they were insulated. Spent big $ last summer replacing the queen & date palms around the pool that we lost then too. Been freezing my arse off on a ladder out in this mess wrapping the new palms in Christmas lights & blankets trying to save them this time...

Good luck to all & be safe out there - those temps can kill!

jet
02-01-2011, 04:00 PM
LMAO..just did 20 drifting donuts at the end of the bolck, in the wifes Armada. Why didn't I become a drifting champion. Man that was fun. People were just watching in amazement..a soccer moms truck doing donuts. :mrgreen:

man that was fun.

p.s. I had to turn off the VDC traction control. lol

mapleleaf
02-01-2011, 07:22 PM
LOL Jet come on up to Onterrible, we'll let you do donuts...Nov. to the end of march, likewise it requires turning off the VSC......

Okie Boarder
02-02-2011, 03:37 PM
We ended up with about 12" around OKC. Up past Tulsa they hit 21". Both were record breakers. There are some pretty good sized drifts out there. I went out this morning to try going to the store and see what the roads are like. Most of the roads are still covered pretty good, but driveable. I had to bust through a 3' drift to get into the CVS parking lot...LOL! Whipping the car around with the e-brake is fun too!

jet
02-02-2011, 05:30 PM
LOL..yep. i did more when she sent me to the store to pick up fajita stuff. But today we have nothing but black ice..Its hard to get any traction. It was 14 degrees this morn. :x

rludtke
02-02-2011, 10:26 PM
The Pacific Northwest was sunny and 45 degrees today. Not exactly balmy, but not bad. ;)

tg0824SSVGG
02-02-2011, 10:48 PM
-22F when I left for work ... but the wind was blowing, wind chill puts us at -40F

78% humidity ... DANG COLD!

(*remember, it was 65 here Saturday *)

doofus
02-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Not to rub it in, but we are in the height of summer down under in Australia, and here in Perth Western Australia, we have experienced temps that have ranged from 32 -40 degrees celcius (about 90 - 105 degrees farenheit) for the last couple of months with still plenty more of it to come in the next few months as well..

In fact, our winter temps usually only get down to about 55 degrees farenheit at its lowest, so it is not that difficult to ride all year round if you have a good steamer and dont mind a bit of winter chill in the water....As for snow, I have never ever seen it, it just doesnt happen here.

tg0824SSVGG
02-03-2011, 03:05 AM
Doofus, thatis just mean!! Seriously, are you impacted at all by the current nasty weather that is spanking Australia?

doofus
02-03-2011, 03:40 AM
Doofus, thatis just mean!! Seriously, are you impacted at all by the current nasty weather that is spanking Australia?

Thankfully no. I am in Western Australia and all of the climatic problems have been happening on the other side of Australia in a state called Queensland.

Queensland has just recently suffered billions of dollars worth of damage to property and infrastructure due to major flooding, and no sooner after that occurred they were hit by a grade 5 cyclone (or tornado as you folks in America call them) which caused even more damage right accross the state.

We on the other hand in Western Australia are suffering one of our worst droughts on record and all of our dams have been closed to boating and boarding due to low water levels. I am lucky enough to lease a private lake at a place called Bonneys water ski park, and although the levels are low, it is still deep enough (just) to keep boarding.

Everbody else unfortunately now has to board in saltwater in our local rivers.

jet
02-03-2011, 12:57 PM
Cant wait for warm boat days again sitting around the boat trying to figure out what the hell just happened on that run? lol

102 was the temp that day, 105 was the attic. Not the hottest day for sure.

ditchsnake
02-06-2011, 12:19 PM
A co-worker of mine was in Denver last week and she said it was 70 degrees and then this week the high is supposed to be 2! Really weird...

Two Fridays ago it was 73 in Denver the next tuesday it was -20. No wonder everyone is sick here. B
Boats in a heated garage and I've been working on the sound system and polishing. Can't wait for summer. I live in the wrong place, but what do you do, job and family?

tg0824SSVGG
02-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Ditch,

Where are you? I am in Masonville which is 10 miles west of Fort Collins ...

ditchsnake
02-08-2011, 06:26 PM
Ditch,

Where are you? I am in Masonville which is 10 miles west of Fort Collins ...

We live near DIA. Nice area you live in. We used to camp at Red Feathers all the time. Daughter is actually thinking about going to CSU this fall. We don't boat much in Larimer county as you have as many rangers there as boaters. We hit Pueblo about every weekend in the summer. Nice boat by the way. Geno

jet
02-08-2011, 06:40 PM
More rain, ice and snow on the way tonight again. :((

Okie Boarder
02-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Snowmageddon 2. :p

jet
02-10-2011, 12:32 PM
16 degrees today and 65 the day after.:-D

doofus
02-11-2011, 03:44 AM
100 degrees yesterday and looks like it will be around the high 90's for this coming weekend.....God I love summer in Australia:D:D

jet
02-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Not fair man..not fair, :P

oward1202
02-11-2011, 06:50 PM
We had another 3" or so here in Nashville, TN this week. I think that was our 7th snow for this winter so far. Hopefully it will be the last. "They" say that it will get up into the 60s next week. That will be nice. It would be nice to get the salt off of my truck too. Of course that means washing the wife's car too.