PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Boat Show

jet
02-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Well the ice and snow let up enough for us to get out and go the show, I have been waiting all winter for this. Heres the verdict:

Malibu-lots of boats, pro shop, 22'-Axis, WOW! 15 models to look at, big display, very cool and usable boat features, well designed and built boats but not over the top, just nice and usable..very impressed

Mastercraft-lots of boats, big displays, a lot of new innovation, NICE interiors, over the top boats, pro shop, the power tower with push button..very beefy and very cool. I think I herd the guy say the price for that tower was $2800?? thats a nice price, unless he said $3800?? 20 models to look at, impressive.

Powered tow rope company?? Its remote controlled, I dont remember the name, I dont remember all of the features, but I do remember the Russian girl in the tight dress..HOLY SH*T!!

Epic-Im impressed!! 3800 lbs of ballast, fill and drain time was like 1-2 mins!! neoprene interior-very cool, LOTS of storage, hinges on the sundeck..IMPRESSIVE!! GREAT surfing boat, This is a well engineered boat and designed not to break or come back for warranty crap. $48,000-21' and $52,000 for the 24' WOW!! Why isnt everyone going after these boats?? Talked with the builder and owner of Epic lives in TX now, SUPER nice guy..LOTS of boat knowledge. TOP NOTCH engineering.

Supra-6 boats, a few moomba's, no pro shop, sleeping salesman, local pro riders talking to them self's, no traffic, yawn..yawn..yawn. I was embarrassed. NOTHING exciting. A stripped down 242. LIME GREEN-24' what ever it was?? yawn..yawn..yawn. WTF?? And this was the 1st saturday of the 2-week show.

Boston Whaler- HOLY SH*T..that 13' footer has a tower on it and a HUGE motor!! WOW!

Nauty-lots of boats, big display, lots of BRIGHTLY colored boats with HUGE eagles on them..what are they thinking?? weird designed boats, weird interiors and weird towers, nicely built boats, but to far left field thinking for me. BUT! they did have a very cool retro direct drive boat..super cool!!

Overall..It was a great show with lots to see and always nice to see shiny new boats. I love going to the boat show.

RIP..danny daniels..missed you at the boat show this year.

Skylar18
02-06-2011, 01:00 PM
dang it jet,

got stranded in Dallas this weekend....didn't even think about the boat show. Missed the one in Austin 2 weekends ago. Now I feel stupid because i pretty much did nothing yesterday but hang out in my hotel.

jet
02-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Crap..you could of met us there. You have any where to go for the Super Bowl? We are going to cmtaylors (chad) neighbors house and your welcome to come?? We are about 20-25 miles north of Dallas.

Skylar18
02-07-2011, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the invite....Actually was at the game. Great game. Didn't care who won but still had a blast.

Just rolled into Austin.

Fman
02-07-2011, 12:11 PM
Supra-6 boats, a few moomba's, no pro shop, sleeping salesman, local pro riders talking to them self's, no traffic, yawn..yawn..yawn. I was embarrassed. NOTHING exciting. A stripped down 242. LIME GREEN-24' what ever it was?? yawn..yawn..yawn. WTF?? And this was the 1st saturday of the 2-week show.

Supra sleepy? Funny you mention this, the dealer closest to my house did not even have a 242 on order, and was not going to have one on display until end of March early April???? If you actually wanted to order one after looking at it and demo'ing it, you would not see it until June! I still cant figure out how you sell a flagship boat without having one in the showroom!

jimmyk102
02-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Sounds like the same type of Supra boat show set up that was used this past weekend here in Rochester, NY. The ONLY Supra was out in a back hall way off to the side, through some doors? No foot traffic, literature, brochures, display props, signage, or lighting. Simply a World's Edition on a tandem trailer in a back hallway. That's it. Oh wait...it did have some steps leading up to the swim platform. Very disappointing.

Fman
02-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Sounds like the same type of Supra boat show set up that was used this past weekend here in Rochester, NY. The ONLY Supra was out in a back hall way off to the side, through some doors? No foot traffic, literature, brochures, display props, signage, or lighting. Simply a World's Edition on a tandem trailer in a back hallway. That's it. Oh wait...it did have some steps leading up to the swim platform. Very disappointing.

I think Supra/SC has a very poor marketing department. They have a nice product but do a poor job or promoting the boat. At least that is how it is out here on the West Coast. I had 231 hours on my '08 and saw two Supras the entire time I was on the water???? Mastercrafts, Malibus and Nautiques were all over the place....

As I mentioned in my earlier post, if someone walks into a Supra showroom right now and there are no 2011 boats to view/demo, do you really think a customer is going to purchase one???? The Malibu dealer I purchased my VLX from had 2 of each 2011 model to view right now, with more on order. If I was not able to demo the VLX a few weeks back I would not have ordered one.

Oh well, just my .02..... hate to see SC loosing in the market share from lack of advertising and poor representation at boat shows.

jet
02-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Remember..if your not 1ST! Your LAST!! lol

Quote: Ricky Bobbys..Dad.