PDA

View Full Version : Cant find a cover for my boat.

04 supra launch ss
02-08-2011, 05:29 PM
Anyone have any ideas on finding a cover launch ss? Have went to all the websites but they never have 2004 launch ss have found all other models besides that one. I know i can have one custom made but that gets a little $$$$$.I have thought about ordering 2004ssv it looks like the same length and width of the ss,but not all the towers were the same on those models. any help would be great.

cranberry521
02-08-2011, 05:43 PM
skiboatcovers.com

cadunkle
02-08-2011, 11:32 PM
How do their covers work as mooring covers? Not to hijack, but I need to decide before summer what to do for a mooring cover.

Diggs
02-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I would be 90% sure the SS and the SSV cover would be exactly the same. Maybe someone in SC customer service could answer that for you though....

04 supra launch ss
02-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks for advise I will give that a try.

Patrick56
02-10-2011, 01:51 PM
I had to buy a replacement cover for my 03' SSV Launch this summer after a tree fell through the old one.

Try iboats.com, they had the best deal and have promo codes. I got a custom fit (fits better than the original) Skarkskin cover that goes around the stock Rad-A-Cage tower mounts delivered for just under $350!

If you want the better Sunbrella material it will cost more. they also had options for covering the swim platform as well.

I wasn't sure if it truely was a custom fit just from the online information so I called and talked to the customer service. They calmed me down and said I could return it if I didn't like the fit. The tie-down straps they sent were a little cheap, but I replaced them with bungy cords.

Patrick56
02-10-2011, 03:18 PM
Quick note,

I just checked the iboats.com website and they have changed their search process for covers. The information on custom covers is still there, but you have to select "custom" in the Narrow Search box after it lists the options for your make and model.

Also, they have more grades of Sharkskin covers now. I got the equivalent to the Sharkskin Plus with the 5 year warranty.

Looks like stepping up to the Sunbrella material is about a $200-300 adder.

The manufacturer of the custom covers is Westland.

Hope this helps.

04 supra launch ss
02-10-2011, 05:38 PM
Thanks for that info on iboats, they have the one I need I thought I had looked for it there but must have messed up when putting my boat info in.

mapleleaf
02-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Got mine at iboats as well, perfectly happy with fit , quality, delivery and price. Mine was 70% off, was under a hundred shipped!!!

cadunkle
02-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Got mine at iboats as well, perfectly happy with fit , quality, delivery and price. Mine was 70% off, was under a hundred shipped!!!

Maple, do you use yours as a mooring cover? How does it attach to the boat? Does it stay on and dry in high winds and such?

Also, I checked iboats and they list a cover for a Saltare but Westland covers website does not list for the Saltare?

mapleleaf
02-10-2011, 10:38 PM
Can't use mine for mooring its a semi-custom strap down, but works well for trailering....
Can't really moor on our lake, hoists are pretty much mandatory...

brysteele
02-10-2011, 10:53 PM
I called local boat dealers and found out who made covers locally, called several and had quotes for 1200- 1500$$ played them against each other and offered cash and got a sunbrella cover for 900$ w/a cover for the tower. Things are slow here and cash works wonders.When custom boat covers are made to fit the boat they seem to hold up better in the long run overall. good luck Bry 2008 22ssv

cadunkle
02-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Guess that's one in favor of a snap cover. I have a cover that coveres the fullsides of the boat that works fine for sitting on dry land, but need one I can use for mooring.