PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Launch SL?

polarbill1999
02-09-2011, 07:30 PM
Is the only difference between the SL and the SS the bow seating area? I am guessing the SS has the playpen and the SL has a standard walk through. Do these boats have the same hull as the SSV? If so I would think they would throw the same wake with enough ballast in the correct locations. The ad says it has 2 plumbed in ballast bags that weigh about 450 each. Does this sound right? Is the front ballast in the ski locker and the rear ballast under the rear seat or in the locker? If it is under the rear seat I would assume putting an additional fat sac in the rear locker and mayeb one in the walkthrough would give the boat a very nice wake. Would this boat come standard with PP or some sort of cruise?

Diggs
02-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Do you have a pic? I think the SL is the actual original Supra Launch direct drive. 21' not 22' like the SS and SSV. I might be wrong, but could tell from a pic. The Launch is shorter with a much higher freeboard than the SSV and SS.
It will definitely throw a great wake. I had an 03 and it is still the basic design behind the 21V today. PP would not have been standard back then, but very possible that it has it or you can add it.
Any pics so I can confirm what I am thinking????

polarbill1999
02-10-2011, 12:56 PM
What's up Tyler?

It isn't the OG Launch direct drive. I wish it was. Because for 18k I would buy it. It looks exactly like a launch SSV if viewed directly from the side. I checked the Supra Archive and in 02 they made a Launch, Launch SL and a Launch SS. They are all direct drives. The SL and SS both have the same specs. Those 2 also have the same length and width of the SSV.

Here is the ad. I know the boat isn't worth what nada says but it books it out to 28-30k. I was thinking this boat should be worth 22k or so if it is clean with low hours.

Tyler, you and your buddy still hit up the Eugene auction or has Olinger screwed up the pricing to make it even worth going?

Diggs
02-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Yeah sounds like you are right. Not sure what the SL was then....
Your link did not post....
Yeah Olinger has screwed all that up... I still watch and occasionally buy, but the deals are gone...

polarbill1999
02-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Well, the link didn't work because I forgot to include it.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/boa/2205730088.html