PDA

View Full Version : Changing the nameplate

TitanTn
02-10-2011, 08:50 PM
I really like almost everything about my Saltare, but I think the name decal on the side is such an outdated and silly looking font. I'd like to change it, but I'm wondering if there is any precedent for another option. Has anyone changed this? Is there a font from a newer boat that would work and still be in the supra "family?" I don't want to put an X-Games style font on a 25 year old boat, but something that is classic Supra might look great. Any suggestions?

mapleleaf
02-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Maybe have your local vinyl shop do up Saltare in the new Supra logo font, had my registration done like this and it worked out pretty well...

TitanTn
02-11-2011, 11:03 PM
Thanks Maple. I'm definitely going to have a local graphics shop make me something, but I don't know what the "new" font for Supra is or what it looks like. I'm hoping you guys can give me some input.

I've come up with three examples of something that I think marries the old and the new. Let me know what you think.

sybrmike
02-14-2011, 12:43 AM
I like the last one - looks kinda like the font Supra used in the early/mid 90's

TitanTn
02-14-2011, 11:33 PM
Thanks. That's what I was wondering. I'm wanting something appropriate for the age of the boat, but not too crazy.