PDA

View Full Version : ballast upgrade

sidetracked3
02-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Ok, I have a 2008 Sunsport 22v and want to upgrade my balaast. My question is what all would I have to do if I went with the Flyhigh 750 bags? Is it a direct plug and play or will I need to extend hoses? Anyone have any pictures or a write up? TIA

Patrick56
02-16-2011, 01:04 PM
Check out wakemakers.com.

They sell the extentions for 750's as part of a package. Adds about $20 to the cost of new bags.

sidetracked3
02-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Yeah after searching on other boards I found this site. I just ordered 2 750 bags and the extended hoses. I cant wait to see what it does. Thanks

sidetracked3
02-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Ok I received the ballast bags. I am pretty sure I can figure out how to replace them but does anyone have a how-to guide on doing this? Possibly with pictures? I just want to make sure I have all my bases covered. I know it is supposed to be plug and play but I really want to make sure. I got the ballast with the hose extensions. TIA

sidetracked3
02-28-2011, 04:11 PM
If nobody has done one I will try and do this myself and post pics.

Fman
02-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Its pretty simple. You will extend out your current fill line to allow it to rise up so it does not tear off the quick disconnect. I have attached a picture of the stock line and extended line. I used stainless hose clamps and a double barbed male fitting.

Just take off the quick disconnect from the stock fill line, install the double male barbed fitting with clamps and reapply quick disconnect to the new line.

One other recommendation I would make, I re-routed the fill line to come up over the rear engine compartment divider (not shown in pic). It will fit in a small gap, this will help eliminate the 750 lbs sacs from pinching the fill line. If you use these types of clamps make sure and wrap them in electrical/duct tape to prevent any damage to the bags.