PDA

View Full Version : Need help from a US member with a big heart

stinky_1
02-24-2011, 09:15 PM
Hey guys.

I found the tower I want to buy for my boat. Unfortunately the guy is not willing or able to ship it to canada. I am unsure exactly why that is, and I dont care much.

This is where a U.S. member with a big heart comes in. I am wondering if anyone is willing to receive my package for me at their house, and then ship it to me in canada. I obviously will pay the shipping costs from your house to mine, I just need to find someone who can do that.

I realize this may be a long shot, but I was hoping someone could help me out.

Salty87
02-24-2011, 10:21 PM
i'm sure someone will be by to "receive stinky's package"... is it april 1 already? lol

sorry...which tower?

good luck...i doubt TX is on the way

mapleleaf
02-25-2011, 12:07 AM
Nice Salty, It's complicated but I've got a brother in law in Wyoming that's a real good guy, should I get his info?? (His Dad's in Red Deer)

stinky_1
02-26-2011, 12:52 AM
Hey guys. I am working on all the rest of the information. There is a warehouse right at the border 3 hours from where I live that I may just have it shipped to. I am going to call the guy monday morning to see about setting something up.

I will keep you all posted.

royal1
02-26-2011, 01:55 PM
get it shipped to sweetgrass

stinky_1
02-26-2011, 01:58 PM
get it shipped to sweetgrass

That's what i was looking in to. I need to call the warehouse there and see if he is still receiving packages for canadiens. Have you done it before?

royal1
02-26-2011, 10:06 PM
its a customs warehouse. road trip! i gotta go pick up my boat from there when it warms up

stinky_1
02-26-2011, 10:38 PM
feel like throwing a tower in the back and bringing it with you? I have some friends in lethbridge I was going to see if they could pick it up.

I didnt realize it was actually a customs warehouse. I thought it was just a guy that happened to have a warehouse 1 block away from the border crossing.

Ill give them a call on monday and see what all they need from me, and how much it will cost me.

I am just working out the total price for the tower and a couple board racks right now.

jet
02-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Holla if you need me stinky, but Im in Dallas, Tx. Not very close.

stinky_1
02-28-2011, 08:53 PM
Holla if you need me stinky, but Im in Dallas, Tx. Not very close.

I am not sure if closeness is going to matter much. Thank you for the offer. I still didnt call the warehouse in sweetgrass. Ill give them a call tomorrow and see if everything is good to just send it there. then I can drive across and grab it whenever

ddb0
02-28-2011, 11:23 PM
so iim new to this fourm and just came across this what tower are you looking at, just curious cuz a frind of mie whoi work for on the side that builds towers was just telling me about some one who called him and wanted a tower shipped to WA but we usually build every towere straigt on the boat anyways if this is the same person i may be able to help out? talk him into shipping direct

stinky_1
02-28-2011, 11:28 PM
ddbo, thank you for the offer. The tower I was looking at is a universal chinese branded one. I realize the ones built right on the boat are usually a better choice, but I am not prepared to pay what it costs to do that.

Ill post some more info up once I have more details

ddb0
02-28-2011, 11:40 PM
oh ok just thought it was funny that we just got a call from someone at the shop wanting us to ship one and then saw your post. thatbeing said i have a univesal tower on my supra im about to take off and build one at out shop if interested ill sell you the one i take off for cheap

stinky_1
02-28-2011, 11:42 PM
pm sent (in a couple seconds)

ddb0
03-01-2011, 12:30 AM
e mail sent

mapleleaf
03-01-2011, 09:24 PM
wow, what a time to thread jack......stinky buy that tower!!!!

stinky_1
03-11-2011, 05:35 PM
so, at the end of the day I found a guy in Langley BC selling the same towers online. This means I can ship it within canada, so no customs to worry about. Also got a decent price.

the guy in the US ended up dragging his feet on the sale, and then after a couple weeks sends me an email saying "sorry, the tower you are inquiring about is no longer in stock".

He had 3 when I was trying to work out where to ship it to. I told him not to worry about it, I would make sure that everyone I had contact with knew not to worry about trying to buy his stuff. He didnt seem phased at all.

So, if anyone is considering buying something from "HYDROWAKE" on ebay, think twice and try to find it somewhere else. He seems shady to me.

This is what I ended up picking up

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/184902_10150108233652638_613082637_6614452_1168406 _n.jpg

I like that its similar to the newer sunsport tower design. And that it comes with the racks and everything I should need. Got it for a tad over $1250 CDN. Should have it some time next week. So we will see if its as good as I hope it is

jet
03-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Nice man........

stinky_1
03-11-2011, 05:55 PM
thanks,

not to mention now I have time to work on that wedge.:cool:

jet
03-11-2011, 06:03 PM
OH..YES..OH..YES.:mrgreen: