PDA

View Full Version : Conbrio Custom Cover

smoothfootn
03-02-2011, 11:30 AM
I just bought a 1991 conbrio and need a cover. I read some other posts and went to iboats.com. They didn't have the custom cover for the 1991 combrio, but they did have one for the 1993. They advised me to go with the semi custom one because the difference in year may not fit. So I wemt with the semi custom and received it yesterday. The fit is terrible and I am sending it back. Does anyone know if the 91 is any different than the 93? Also, they have custom comp covers for 91, are the comp and combrio hulls the same other than the open bow? It looks like they are very similar to me. Any help you guys could give would be great. Right now the boat is sitting outside under a crappy tarp, and the spring thunderstorms are approaching. Thanks!
blake

87SunSportMikeyD
03-02-2011, 12:42 PM
I found one on ebay searching for Supra. Then I contacted the vendor to see if they had any other years. The boats tend to fit different covers in 'ranges of years'. Like for example mine was a 85-88 SunSport. That being said mine doesn't fit the greatest but it does the job

firstdogriver
03-02-2011, 02:09 PM
I might be mistaken, but I thought the Conbrios were only made from 1989-1991.

jimmyk102
03-02-2011, 09:29 PM
I own a 90 Conbrio and was in the market for a new cover too, thanks smoothfootn for the heads up w/iboats. My old beat up cover has a tag in the back says that its a Westland & will fit a boat up to 19.6" (fits good) & the width I can't recall exactly. Its the cover on my photos, I like how it also covers the sides. Can any other Conbrio owners help us out. Good photos would be great.

mapleleaf
03-02-2011, 10:48 PM
I'm in the the iboats semi custom class, fit is horrible, but hopefully their sale price has left room for some customizing. Really happy with the Endura fabric....
There's been a lot of talk about covers for all sorts of boats, seems like the sure fire answer is that money talks, the more I've paid the better the result....

smoothfootn
03-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Ok, I called Anthony @ the Supra factory and he cleared things up for me. DogRiver, you are correct about the 89-91. He tole me that the comp covers would be the same, only difference is open bow. He gave me a part number and told had me call my local Supra dealer. #1020096 is the part number for the supra cover. He said it would be dark gray, come with the supra logo on the front, and come with a center pole stand. My shop quoted me $672 plus tax and drop shipping. iboats had a custom cover for a comp, so I reordered today $295. I will let you know how it fits.

mapleleaf
03-02-2011, 10:56 PM
nice, pics pics pics......

jimmyk102
03-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Where is jet when you need him?

mapleleaf
03-03-2011, 09:29 PM
in his garage, dealing with foam!