PDA

View Full Version : Have a floor question

bamafutbal
03-02-2011, 11:10 PM
my steering cable is tight and i want to look underneath the floor where the bilge pump is. i took out a couple of screws and when i lift up on the floor it bumps into the impeller housing and bracket. do i take off the bracket and all of the impeller housing to get this peice of the floor up. it has to slide straight up since the ski pole is there. also how do i take the housing off, do i need to take the 2 bolts off and then loosen up the alternator to get the belet loose. any help would be great, pics would be even better
thanks
john 99 launch

Okie Boarder
03-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Could you post a picture? That might help.

bamafutbal
03-03-2011, 09:09 AM
sure, hope this helps

Okie Boarder
03-03-2011, 12:51 PM
You might try removing that collar around the ski pole to see if it gives you enough movemet to clear that impeller assembly. Interesting how they have that...quite different from the older ones.

I'm not sure getting to the steering cable that far foreward in the boat is going to help you. Usually the issues are in the back where it is mounted and slides in and out for rudder movement or in the front in the helm unit.

bamafutbal
03-03-2011, 03:03 PM
the collar around the ski pole is more for show than anything else

beast 496
03-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Just by lifting that part of the floor will show you nothing concerning the steering cable except the black housing. The greasable part of the housing is near the rudder and pivot clamp. If you need to replace the cable verify all connections are removed including the all wire ties. Attach a pull string to the aft cable end, and pull out from under the dash, Usually this is a one person job but an extra set of hands does help. Al

bamafutbal
03-03-2011, 10:28 PM
thanks, i still want to get that peice of the floor up, even if its for a few minutes of joy. i will not be defeated

cadunkle
03-04-2011, 12:01 PM
Never seen a crank driven raw water pump. Weird design. Nothin useful to add though, aside from take things apart until you can slip it past what's left.

Ptownkid
03-06-2011, 11:26 PM
Have you tried unscrewing that ring around the pole?

beast 496
03-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Either you can remove the pylon or remove the sea water pump from the the crank. I would choose the later. Good luck Al

bamafutbal
03-07-2011, 12:40 AM
beast, care to expalin to a novice how to do that, is it by removing the 2 bolts on the flywheel?
john