PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Slalom Clinic

deerfield
03-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Also posted under "Skiing and Slalom" on Moomba forum, where I have been a member since 2007 and moderator since 2010:

Met yesterday morning with a top-tier ski company’s regional sales rep and the Chicago area Skiers Choice dealer that has hosted all of the Chicago Moomba/Supra owner reunions.

Given the summer’s heavy tournament schedule (ski as well as wakeboard), we think the best possible weekend dates for a three-day slalom clinic may be Friday, July 15 – Sunday, July 17, or Friday, July 22 – Sunday, July 24.

Location still to be determined, but we are working on a controlled, private lake with slalom course located northwest of Chicago. Lake location is nearby to several hotels. For those who prefer camping, a state park that permits tents and trailers is about a twenty-minute drive.

Slalom clinic would include sets Friday evening, Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon, and Sunday morning.

Dealer would provide towboat(s). Working together, dealer and factory rep would arrange for demo skis and pro skier.

My vision is a clinic geared to the average Joe or Jane (adult or kid) who is solid on a slalom ski, understands the basics of slalom skiing, might even be pretty good on a course, and wants to step up his or her game.

If we find interest from short line skiers, we might run a separate but concurrent clinic on an adjacent lake where the focus is appropriately suited to that level of performance.

Event could be open to anyone, not just Moomba and Supra owners. However, given that group size would likely be limited, Moomba and Supra owners are first priority for a clinic slot.

In the next day or two there will be a poll on the forum to get an idea of how many are interested in a clinic that would run on one of these two weekends.

Within the next two weeks we should have an idea of interest level and know the availability of the pro, at which point we will take planning to the next stage.

Stay tuned..........

chrisk
03-08-2011, 12:34 AM
Definitely interested! Where will the poll be?

Patrick56
03-08-2011, 04:13 PM
I am interested. More info please.

deerfield
04-15-2011, 11:45 AM
Guys - No slalom clinic for the 2011 season.

Though such an event is of interest to a number of us on the two SC forums and it did take some initial shape, we came across a couple of challenges to pulling the event together completely.

I’m grateful to the folks at Ultimate Wake Watersports and HO Sports who gave this a run with me. We started on this in October of last year. Collectively we determined it best to pass on the 2011 season.

I encourage you to check out the August 5 – 6 Malibu Open in Milwaukee, WI and August 7 – 13 Goode Water Ski National Championships in Wilmington, IL. Both of these are a great opportunity to see top talent on the slalom course and rub shoulders with the best in the world.

Thanks for the interest and feedback. I will take another look at this for the 2012 season. - Deerfield