PDA

View Full Version : NADA values to compare

five0.4tluv
03-16-2011, 05:12 PM
I'm looking at a 2004 Launch 22 SSV boat is listed below 30k and less than 250hours

items listed:
Vortec 5.7 L Indmar Assault 320HP V8 Motor w/ V drive
Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro
Wakeboard tower with wakeboard rack
Hydraulic wake plate w/ dash gauge ( not listed on NADA)
Bertha three-bag ballast system w/ individual controls
upgraded stereo,speakers and tower speakers w/ remote
blue LED walkway lighting
removable bimini
supra cover
tandem trailer, stainless fenders,surge brakes and

average retail with the items that I could check -> $37,800
low retail $33,170

I have not seen the boat yet so on paper it looks like a smoking deal. I'm a first time owner so need to be thorough. Luckily I have a friend that has a 2003 so he is giving me insight and questions to ask as well as a mobile mechanic to use if it comes to that.

How do I compare NADA to negotiated price? I've browsed the Nautique forums and users state that NADA is below what they are worth and selling for. But in the Supra case NADA seems higher?

96Comp
03-16-2011, 08:59 PM
I found that NADA values for boats, like cars, varies with the local market. Here in VA, prices were a little higher than FLA. I found my boat about 30 miles from me. A comparable boat in FLA was cheaper. Given the economy, gas prices and local taxes, boats should be real affordable now and probably into the summer.

Aaron187
03-23-2011, 04:16 PM
In my experence NADA is high, people are lucky to sell it at NADA price because of the market and you can find "deals". Your price seems right, if you are buying from a dealer. i would check into a year warranty, a peice of mind is worth a grand or so. Seeing the boat in person will help, you don't know if the boat sat outside all summer or inside storage, has damage etc. test drive it too, make sure all the gadget work.

KG's Supra24
03-23-2011, 06:17 PM
I would say $33 is too high for that boat from what i have seen. Under 30 sounds right.

Tschwerm
04-19-2011, 06:31 PM
I am looking at a 91 sunspot with 355 hours new trailer in 2007 supra trailer. He is asking 9500. I inspected the stringers read somewhere to take a wrench to the engine mounts. They were not tight when I went to tighten them but took about a good turn and they did tighten up. Bottom line is this price good?

WadsworthSunsport22V
04-22-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm looking at a 2004 Launch 22 SSV boat is listed below 30k and less than 250hours

items listed:
Vortec 5.7 L Indmar Assault 320HP V8 Motor w/ V drive
Perfect Pass Wakeboard Pro
Wakeboard tower with wakeboard rack
Hydraulic wake plate w/ dash gauge ( not listed on NADA)
Bertha three-bag ballast system w/ individual controls
upgraded stereo,speakers and tower speakers w/ remote
blue LED walkway lighting
removable bimini
supra cover
tandem trailer, stainless fenders,surge brakes and

average retail with the items that I could check -> $37,800
low retail $33,170

I have not seen the boat yet so on paper it looks like a smoking deal. I'm a first time owner so need to be thorough. Luckily I have a friend that has a 2003 so he is giving me insight and questions to ask as well as a mobile mechanic to use if it comes to that.

How do I compare NADA to negotiated price? I've browsed the Nautique forums and users state that NADA is below what they are worth and selling for. But in the Supra case NADA seems higher?

That seems high for that year. 2007 Sunsport, mint, trailer, tower lights, tower speakers 2000 watts memphis audio, 340 hp indmar, teak platform, tower, bimini top, trailer, full cover, tonau cover, cockpit cover, dual batteries, lower hours - $33k is the going rate. No, I am not going to sell mine for that, but that is what I was offered.

I am going to buy a second boat and if my boat is only worth 33k, I will keep it. I will end up with one at my lake house (well, hopefully I will have a lake house by summer's end) and the other at the nearby lake.

cadunkle
04-23-2011, 02:10 PM
I am looking at a 91 sunspot with 355 hours new trailer in 2007 supra trailer. He is asking 9500. I inspected the stringers read somewhere to take a wrench to the engine mounts. They were not tight when I went to tighten them but took about a good turn and they did tighten up. Bottom line is this price good?

Price sounds high to me. If all the motor mount bolts snugged up fine and no soft spots in the floor I would be inclined to thing the stringers are alright.

The newer trailer is nice, but generally trialers don't seem to affect the price o the boat that much. If it was a year old, sure, but that trailer is almost 5 years old.

Does it have a tower? Perfect Pass? Good stereo? Shower? Is upholstery all good with no cracks or tears? Rudder tight? Strut bushings tight? everything mechanically in good condition? Etc...?? Consider the value of any add-ons that you would be interested in doing anyway. If the boat was in near perfect condition and had all those things it might not be a stretch for $9500, but I'd think more like $7500 (and even that may be high) unless it has a lot of those expensive add-ons. I'm cheap though, and I know a lot of people can't deal with the hassle or expense of running a boat with the economic situation and gas prices. I won't hesitate to take advantage of that.

Tschwerm
04-23-2011, 06:59 PM
The radio is new but needs new speakers. No tower (not interested in one) no perfect pass. Not sure on the rudder would that be the cable interface to the rudder assembly? Interiorvlooks great. This owner is the second owner it was dry stored most of it's life a grand father bought it new and had it at a marina for grand kids to use when they visited. When the current owner bought it the was 200 hours in 2007 now it has 355. I have not test run the boat yet the
Weather has been too cold. Brand new Bimini top sunbrella