PDA

View Full Version : Marine K&N spark arrestor

96Comp
03-16-2011, 08:54 PM
Has anyone tried the K&N marine? Supposedly CG Approved. Did it increase performance. I would not think the stock spark arrestor is restrictive, but also does not look like it cleans much. I guess air at the lake it not real dirty anyway .... Or you are at the wrong lake! Looks pretty nice.

csuggs
03-17-2011, 08:40 AM
TYou mean this one? I was checking this out a month ago and considered ordering one, but then decided to clean my OE arrester with carb cleaner and it turned out real nice. I still think the K&N would look better - don't know about improving performance though unless there was some kind of "throat" on the thing that accelerator the air into the carb. I still might get one later because a 9" diameter filter would cover the unsightly carb. Also you can add on fittings for the fuel vapor hose and breather hose.

http://store.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=59-3264

The problem is that the vent adaptors are only available for filters that are 2.75" and higher. I was looking at the lower profile 2.0" filter. Maybe the filter adaptors could be cut down?? Would be nice to know if someone has done this.

wotan2525
03-17-2011, 10:57 AM
I've got one of these on my boat.... I doubt it adds any performance. Mine stopped being that red a LONG time ago. Needs a good cleaning and oiling, I'm sure!