PDA

View Full Version : How much does your wakeplate deflect?

CarZin
03-21-2011, 09:20 AM
I know this should go in the mechanic section, but this is more of a simple question than asking for help with a problem...

We just got a 2009 21V. There was a problem with the wake plate where it needed a lot of work (long story).

We got the boat yesterday, and the plate system was fixed. We notice that the wake plate RAM (this is electric) only travels about 1.5 inches from trim full up and trim full down. (see pictures). Can owners verify this is correct? It looks like the Lencos are supposed to travel a lot more.

Up
http://thewolfweb.com/photos/00519822.jpg

Down
http://thewolfweb.com/photos/00519823.jpg

matt75
03-22-2011, 12:15 AM
it should go much futher than that. I would take it back to the rep who performed the service.

CarZin
03-22-2011, 01:22 PM
Thank you for the reply. It concerned me enough that I made the call to Skier's Choice. it appears on this model, the max travel is about 1 inch and a quarter, so it appears correct.

Go figure that this tiny little bit would do so much.

docdrs
03-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Yep , I have a 09 21v and the travel isn't much. never measured but 1.25" is about what I would say. THat a saltwater boat ? lots of galvanic rxn / oxidation on the supports?

CarZin
03-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Well, I am embarrassed to say I am not sure. The boat was just purchased. It only had 90 hours. It was a R&D boat for Supra, and it would not have surprised me if it spent a few hours in salt, but I think most of it's time was on fresh water. I can't find corrosion anywhere else on the boat. The trailer is also in good condition. When I wad cleaning the boat, I decided I was going to get those mounts powder coated.

CarZin
03-24-2011, 11:06 AM
Spoke to the previous owner today. Boat was only in fresh water in Florida, but I guess with the salty air down there, it is enough to corrode the part.

In any event, it was a breeze removing the deck, and it only cost me $95 to have both of those pieces sand blasted and powder coated. Honestly, its probably the way it should come from the factory.

CarZin
03-28-2011, 11:09 AM
UPDATE: The powder coating company is having a very hard time binding the material to these braces. I am having them sand blast it clean and return it unpowdercoated :( Bummer.

pap
03-31-2011, 01:04 AM
we just bought a used 09 21v as well and haven't had it in the water yet. My plate also moves just an inch or two at most - I was a bit concerned about that myself, but I didn't futz with it after the first try I didn't want to break something.

Skulls
04-06-2011, 04:16 AM
UPDATE: The powder coating company is having a very hard time binding the material to these braces. I am having them sand blast it clean and return it unpowdercoated :( Bummer.

Try some Duracoat. Usually used to paint/refinish guns but should hold up fine once completely cured.
http://www.lauerweaponry.com/

Topgun
04-12-2011, 12:13 AM
CarZin,

You don't have as much travel as you would think. Full down is about level.

CarZin
04-20-2011, 10:06 AM
Thank you. We found this out from SC as well.