PDA

View Full Version : My trailer has arrived! Just need a boat!

Fman
03-23-2011, 11:14 AM
Got some pics from the dealer today, the trailer has arrived! Its made by Sportboat in Patterson, CA. They really do a great job on there trailers.... Charcoal grey with 15" alum wheels, 4 wheel disc brakes, fully boxed in, ratchet straps, LED lights, prop guard rollers, oil bath hubs, Fulton winch, matching spare tire.

I really like how they mounted the spare tire under the bunks, out of site... hopefully the boat will be in at end of the month! getting pumped up for the new ride... and hopefully some warm weather coming soon!

wotan2525
03-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Wow.... looking really nice!!

Diggs
03-23-2011, 11:45 AM
Looking good. Why did they not put it on a boatmate?

csuggs
03-23-2011, 11:53 AM
Very nice Fman!! Can't wait to see the boat!

Fman
03-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Looking good. Why did they not put it on a boatmate?

Thanks everyone, I am getting pumped about the new ride!

The Boatmate would have cost me an extra $2,500 with less options than the Sportboat. The shipping costs are getting rediculuos, if I lived in TN would have gone with boatmate. They are very comparable trailers, and the boatmate would not have had prop guard rollers, and did not offer the under the bunk spare tire. I do like how Boatmate is doing multi-color which looks awesome, this was not an option on the Sportboat.

Larsons Marine gets a really good deal from them because they order all there Malibus and MBs from Sportboat.

Diggs, how is your new 21V coming along?

Okie Boarder
03-23-2011, 12:17 PM
Good looking trailer!

Razzman
03-23-2011, 03:23 PM
Fman watch that Sportboat Trailer VERY carefully, not trying to rain on your parade but they have a VERY long history of issues. The biggest is the vertical bunk supports rust at the base and then the bunks actually collapse into the frame tubing! Seriously, it's happened to a buddies twice and there's a lot on WW with the same issues. They also wear tires funky for some reason. Hopefully you won't have any troubles as their customer support plain sucks after the sale. I literally had to drive over there for my buddy as they wern't returning calls and i'm about 30 minutes from them.

Diggs
03-23-2011, 03:36 PM
Travis,
Cool. Look forward to seeing the whole package. Does it cost more or less money to ship the boat without a trailer? It seems it is just easier to ship it on a trailer, but maybe I am totally wrong. Either way looks good. Look forward to seeing it. I am a big supporter of boatmate, but it looks like other companies are stepping up their game to compete.

My new 21V should be here any day. you will definitely see pics of it on here and/or Wakerworld once it lands....

mapleleaf
03-23-2011, 03:53 PM
Man that spare tire placement is sweet. Great looking ride for your new boat!!!

sybrmike
03-23-2011, 04:46 PM
If the boat looks half as nice as the trailer, you'll be a happy man.

Fman
03-23-2011, 07:13 PM
Fman watch that Sportboat Trailer VERY carefully, not trying to rain on your parade but they have a VERY long history of issues. The biggest is the vertical bunk supports rust at the base and then the bunks actually collapse into the frame tubing! Seriously, it's happened to a buddies twice and there's a lot on WW with the same issues. They also wear tires funky for some reason. Hopefully you won't have any troubles as their customer support plain sucks after the sale. I literally had to drive over there for my buddy as they wern't returning calls and i'm about 30 minutes from them.

Have not heard any prob6lems from Larson, they have been using them for years with there MB, Nautique and now Malibu lines. But thanks for the heads up, I will keep my eye on the items you mentioned. My friend at work has 2008 Malibu LSV with the Sportboat and has had no problems, hopefully this is a good sign.

From what I could see on the '11 boats they had on the lot, it looks like a very well built trailer. I am pretty picky, and there was nothing I could see that I did not like. Maybe in the past few years they have stepped up there build quality. Hopefully I wont have any issues.

Fman
03-23-2011, 07:15 PM
Travis,
Cool. Look forward to seeing the whole package. Does it cost more or less money to ship the boat without a trailer? It seems it is just easier to ship it on a trailer, but maybe I am totally wrong. Either way looks good. Look forward to seeing it. I am a big supporter of boatmate, but it looks like other companies are stepping up their game to compete.

My new 21V should be here any day. you will definitely see pics of it on here and/or Wakerworld once it lands....

Thats a great question, I only know what the dealer informed me on going with a Boatmate. So far, Larson has been top notch, they highly recommended Sportboat... they had nothing but great things to say about them.

Also looking forward to seeing your 21V come in!

ditchsnake
03-26-2011, 11:21 PM
Nice trailer. Really like the wheels. Spare tire is in a perfect place. Hate mine bolted to the side. Looks really clean that way.

Fman
03-27-2011, 12:09 AM
Nice trailer. Really like the wheels. Spare tire is in a perfect place. Hate mine bolted to the side. Looks really clean that way.

Thank you, I am wondering how difficult it will be to remove the spare, hopefully will find out Saturday. Boat is leaving Tenessee on Monday, should be at the dealer mid-week... Scheduled to pick up on Saturday :D

mapleleaf
03-27-2011, 12:30 AM
Thank you, I am wondering how difficult it will be to remove the spare, hopefully will find out Saturday. Boat is leaving Tenessee on Monday, should be at the dealer mid-week... Scheduled to pick up on Saturday :D

Started wondering the same thing today, If I put my spare there how easily will it come out with the boat loaded??? Gotta try because having the side mounted spare kiss the ground on driveway entrances drives me nuts....
Only a couple more sleeps T, I'd be ultra pumped if I was you!!!!!

jet
03-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Nothing worse than waiting for new toys to come. Remember Christmas when you were little..Dad, can we come out yet?? No! And then you could here tools clanging..lmao

Fman
03-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Started wondering the same thing today, If I put my spare there how easily will it come out with the boat loaded??? Gotta try because having the side mounted spare kiss the ground on driveway entrances drives me nuts....
Only a couple more sleeps T, I'd be ultra pumped if I was you!!!!!

I know Mastercraft mounts there spare in the same location, I believe they use a drop down hinge mech. to get it out. Hopefully SBT did the same type of set-up or at least makes it easily accessible.