PDA

View Full Version : Boat Show!

scotthons
03-23-2011, 12:05 PM
I got all excited when I saw that Albuquerque was having an RV and Boat show until I checked out the website. We will have a total of 7 exhibitors, only two of which represent the marine industry. The only boats that will be on display are Larson, Premier, Bayliner, Tracker, Suntracker and Nitro :cry: No wakeboats.

Why did I move to a place with no nearby lakes or rivers!

Tackleberry
03-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Don't feel bad dude, I live in an area with 5 large lakes within an hours drive and our boat show dwindles down more and more each year. This economy isn't very condusive to boat sales at the moment. It sucks.

scotthons
03-24-2011, 10:22 AM
It will still be fun to go and check out. I haven't been to a boat or RV show in years.

Fman
03-24-2011, 10:44 AM
Don't feel bad dude, I live in an area with 5 large lakes within an hours drive and our boat show dwindles down more and more each year. This economy isn't very condusive to boat sales at the moment. It sucks.

My dealer sold 11 Malibu and MB's (total) at the Sac Boat Show a few weekends ago, which seems really good to me. I heard the Malibu plant is running full bore right now, boat sales are beginning to pick up.

Lets hope fuel does not hit $5/gallon this summer, that would probably put a hault on a lot of boat sales and other recreational vehicles.

Tackleberry
03-24-2011, 10:49 AM
My dealer sold 11 Malibu and MB's (total) at the Sac Boat Show a few weekends ago, which seems really good to me. I heard the Malibu plant is running full bore right now, boat sales are beginning to pick up.

Lets hope fuel does not hit $5/gallon this summer, that would probably put a hault on a lot of boat sales and other recreational vehicles.

When it got so bad a few years ago is when the dealership I worked for started it's down turn. The area Nautique dealership shut down and we took over their boats, in addition to being a Skiers Choice dealer. We just couldn't move enough boats due to the economy to afford $10k a month in floor plan interest alone. It was rediculous. There was more to it (that I don't know) so I won't go into it, but the economy was hurting us even though we are located in the least effected area of the country. We have a new dealer that took over Skiers Choice for us and I'm hoping to do some business with them in the near future. They are also a Malibu and Axis dealer. They do a good business.

beast 496
03-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Boat shows are really a dying dinasour. Todays customers are so well educated on the boat the want vie the internet. Most know more than the poor salesman. The cost of doing a boat show is also so astronomical. Then the fact, who wants to buy the boat which was at the show. Carpet damage alone prohibits buying a show boat. Yes it is nice to see and feel touch ect. But really who buys at the show? Al

BigCity444
03-25-2011, 11:31 PM
Beast 496 brings up a good question. Would you buy a boat that was at the show? I sold cars back in the day and would never consider buying a demo car.

Boat shows are really a dying dinasour. Todays customers are so well educated on the boat the want vie the internet. Most know more than the poor salesman. The cost of doing a boat show is also so astronomical. Then the fact, who wants to buy the boat which was at the show. Carpet damage alone prohibits buying a show boat. Yes it is nice to see and feel touch ect. But really who buys at the show? Al