PDA

View Full Version : Ballasts wont empty?

waverunner22625
03-24-2011, 10:31 AM
I own a 2005 Supra Launch LTS. My wake bags will not empty. When I consult the manual it says there should be a selenoid with a toggle switch, and also a water strainer. When I look I see nothing like this - only the hose that goes out of the boat. :confused:

Fman
03-24-2011, 10:40 AM
If the '05 is similar to the '08s, you should have a seperate drain pump (RULE 750 - red and white color) for each bag. The solenoid is used in the sprinkler valves for filling and keeping water out when you are not filling. The toggle switch is located on the sprinkler valves, sometimes they will be activated and cause your bags to fill when you drive the boat. In your case this would not be the problem.

My guess would be a blown fuse in your drain pump(s) or a faulty drain pump. If all the drains are not working probably more likely a fuse problem, if only one is not draining probably a fauly drain pump.

jzelt
03-24-2011, 04:19 PM
When switched on, do you hear a whirl of the motor running and it just doesn't pump? Possibly the switch was left on and the pump burnt up.
You could try switching pumps if one side works.
Check the fuse.
If it is running but not pumping, make sure the hose is free of obstructions.

waverunner22625
03-26-2011, 07:59 AM
The pump dose run when turned on. The only hose I see is the one running from the bag out of the boat, but there is no toggle on it and it doesn't look like it is supposed to be removed. Where exactly is the selenoid and the filter. My boat is a direct drive if that makes a difference.

Fman
03-27-2011, 12:12 AM
The pump dose run when turned on. The only hose I see is the one running from the bag out of the boat, but there is no toggle on it and it doesn't look like it is supposed to be removed. Where exactly is the selenoid and the filter. My boat is a direct drive if that makes a difference.

Please post some pictures, I cant quite follow what you are saying. Pics would really help.

jasonwm
03-30-2011, 12:36 PM
Your manual is not written very clearly, and the strainer and solenoid valve mentioned have to do with filling the system. Since you're obviously able to fill correctly, let's forget about the strainer and solenoid, as they have no bearing on how the system drains.

As Travis mentioned, there is a dedicated drain pump that is connected to the bottom of the bag by a length of hose. Follow the hose running from the bottom of the bag until you encounter the pump, that is the one you want to ensure is running when you put the switch in the drain position on the dash.