PDA

View Full Version : new member

leeyn
03-26-2011, 01:58 AM
Hello,all..I am new here...my name is leeyn..so happy to be a new member of the forum..I live in florida..I love Skiers Choice boats and really think they are the best bang for the buck in the wake/ski boat industry. I would have loved to have bought a Launch 24 but funds didn't allow for it right now. But, it's OK because I still like to go for a ski every now and then. The Comp LTS is a perfect blend of ski and entry level wake boat...

michael hunter
03-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Welcome Leeyn

This is the best place to get info on your comp and meet some new friends. We are always hungry for pics and stories about you.

jet
03-26-2011, 02:55 PM
You have friends now. Jet

Tackleberry
03-28-2011, 10:36 AM
I think we have a spammer or a troll. This "persons" intro is verbatim to some of the sentences I used in my introduction thread.

Diggs
03-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Yep... The spam technology nowadays is pretty crazy

stinky_1
03-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Wow, that is impressive! I thought some of the other posts looked familiar. They quoted a few other members and then added their spam at the bottom.

For some reason I didnt mind this as much as the others.

Safety Bob
03-28-2011, 11:44 PM
I am also glad to be joining the site. Not a SPAMMER here though! Just put a deposit on an 88' Supra Saltare with 274 hours. I am having it shipped from Florida up to St. Louis where I will drive down about 5 hours to pick it up. I hope to have it in about 2 weeks. I am looking for storage in the Western Suburbs of Chicago or way out west in the boonies. This boat looks to have been stored inside it's entire life as it looks damn close to mint. Everything looks to be bare bones stock. I have been reading many of the tips and blurbs on here the past few weeks and this looks like an awesome site! I hope to be able to meet some of you guys on the water! I would like to do some PMI on this Saltare as soon as I get it to ensure that it lasts a long time. Any tips??? What kind of a Acme prop would this take? With a 454, would this take a 14 x 14 1" or 1 1/8" prop? I am looking to get into wakeboarding as I have four boys 12 and under. You guys have some great topics on here! Thank you for your input!

michael hunter
03-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Safety
Congrats on the boat and welcome to the forum.
I just moved out of the Chicago area. Check our Chicago Sea Rays web page they are a Supra /Moomba dealer and they have hosted a mini reunion the past 3 years lots of fun. If you want a great early and late season lake try Clinton Lake it has a nuke plant the water will be in the 80s on the warm side when it opens April 1. Its a great place for a boating weekend . The state campground is excellent and has its own ramp.

sybrmike
03-29-2011, 09:11 AM
Congrats on the purchase - she does look clean. My Salt has 454 w/ 1:1 trans & 1" shaft. Acme suggested a 13x13 as a stock replacement and 13x12 if loading up with some ballast. The stock prop was a 14" dia, but the new 13" CNC props have at least as much blade area. Can't comment yet on performance (mine's still in pieces), but maybe Wotan & others will have better input on the new CNC props on a Salt.

jet
03-29-2011, 10:01 AM
Ahh! Prop talk will drive you CRAZY!! Been talking props ALL winter for my buddies Malibu..we figured it out and then you call ACME and get the 783 different opinion..close but different. ITS MADNING!!!!!

87SunSportMikeyD
03-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Call:
AMCE
OJ
NettleProps.com
Wakemakers.com

Any of them will help you out big time