PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard of a Supra Comp Classic? I may have learned something today.

haugy
04-04-2011, 05:52 PM
I asked about a boat that said 1997, but looked just like a late 80's or 1990 model comp.

The owner said it was a Comp Classic, not a Ts6m. And that you could order these with composite stringers and floors, but would look like an 80s model boat with older style windshield, dash, seats, etc.

Anyone ever heard of these? I hadn't until today, if they are real.

TitanTn
04-04-2011, 05:55 PM
There's another thread today from a guy saying that he has a Ts6M Comp Classic. 1989 model. I hadn't heard of it before today either.

http://supraboats.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=8447

sydneyACE
04-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Found this here:
http://waterskimag.com/ski-boats/2001/06/14/supra-comp-classic/

Seem to be quite a bit of them on craigslist and what not.

stinky_1
04-05-2011, 01:28 AM
where are the pics

crystal waters
04-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Supra came out in the 80's with a ts6m comp and also a model known as a
ts6m comp classic. The "classic" version came with thicker carpet and the upholstery somewhat more detailed etc. Otherwise same boat!
In the early 2000's the Company was struggling and instead of designing new models of the comp they went back to the late 80's molds and re-intro'd the comp once more looking virtually same as the original models except with a few modern upgrades such as fibreglass stringers, plastic seat moulds etc.
This kept their costs down as they came out with the current years models
It was their way of surviving until they could gather the troops and reimerge if you will. It only lasted a year or two. These later boats are the same hull as the original ts6m and are awesome if you are a serious skier. Great value and construction with the classic TS6m appearance we all know.
I own an 89 supra conbrio classic which is essentially the same as a ts6m but in a bowrider version. Again ---the classic version comes dressed up a bit more.

crystal waters
04-05-2011, 04:19 PM
sorry guys---I said early 2000's ---should have said late 1990's this occured.