PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated NewB

outee800
04-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Hi everyone, i have been lurking in the background of this forum for a while. Until now I just watched and gathered the info that I needed. But I am at wits end with skiers choice or perhaps my marina. Has anyone else had horrible luck getting parts for their supras? I shattered a windshield last fall, and when a new one showed (10 wks later!) it was wrong. Now my marina claims skiers choice isn't answering emails about this problem, but I am starting to doubt the marina is really trying. Can someone please help out! I am so exhausted with this that I am starting to really miss my ol Tige'.

jsandy
04-05-2011, 08:09 AM
where are you located? i work for skiers marine and we sale supras and moombas and talk with the people at skiers choice alot. what year is the boat also. i may be able to help ya out

docdrs
04-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Nice reply Jsandy. You can also try skiers choice directly by calling them. Some marinas do drop the ball when it comes to cust service while others bend over backwards ,pick the ball up and run with it for you.

outee800
04-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm located near Toledo, Ohio. Not mentioning any names but my closest Supra dealer is north of Detroit (2.5hrs). I love this boat, it is an '06 Launch21v, that I've had for a couple of years. No complaints about the boat itself, just the service required to get the parts (bimini, board rack straps, wear items). Bear with me guys, I will figure out how to post pics soon, and perhaps the Ohio winter gloom will disappear.

It is good to feel welcomed into this community, I hope to find a few friends and to extend the offer for a pull anytime!

docdrs
04-05-2011, 05:35 PM
Bought my 09 21v from the Aqua marine in Anderson Indiana, drove 6 hours to get some service done cause I like the guys so much. Ron Haston is one of the nicest guys in the book

Fman
04-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Hi everyone, i have been lurking in the background of this forum for a while. Until now I just watched and gathered the info that I needed. But I am at wits end with skiers choice or perhaps my marina. Has anyone else had horrible luck getting parts for their supras? I shattered a windshield last fall, and when a new one showed (10 wks later!) it was wrong. Now my marina claims skiers choice isn't answering emails about this problem, but I am starting to doubt the marina is really trying. Can someone please help out! I am so exhausted with this that I am starting to really miss my ol Tige'.

Try Jim Jackson at Viper Customs, he did R&D for Skiers Choice for years and opened up his own shop. He specializes in Supra, and can usually get you anything from Skiers Choice at a reduced cost. Might be worth a call to him, he might even have the part laying around at his shop.

http://vipercustoms.com/

outee800
04-07-2011, 08:45 PM
Thanks for all the advice. Dropped a few calls and left some messages. Hopefully this gets worked out. Until then I guess it is a piece of lexan for a window. Gotta get back on the water!