PDA

View Full Version : 94 LaBrisa

asmodeus2112
04-12-2011, 03:53 PM
How's this boat for Wakeboarding vs. Skiing?:)

mapleleaf
04-12-2011, 10:53 PM
private message Jasonba1.. He has one for sale...

asmodeus2112
04-13-2011, 12:33 PM
private message Jasonba1.. He has one for sale...

Thank you :)

oilking
04-13-2011, 05:39 PM
I as well would like more info on the Labrisa. I bought a 94 last fall and am in the process of getting interior reupholstered. I had it out on the water for about 15 minutes prior to a thunder storm last fall to see how it ran and if it floated. Besides that I haven’t had much experience with it. There is a ton of info on here about Supras but nobody seems to know much about Labrisa. If Jasonba1 has some input or anyone I would love to hear it. (Wake, ballast, prop, do they sit deep in the water, mods, and repairs. any info really) The snow is starting to melt around here and there is water everywhere, can’t wait to hit the lake.
Thanks

Ptownkid
04-13-2011, 07:44 PM
That model certainly looks to be the compromise between the sunsport and the comp...don't think you'll find much else as far as info.

asmodeus2112
04-13-2011, 10:05 PM
I as well would like more info on the Labrisa. I bought a 94 last fall and am in the process of getting interior reupholstered. I had it out on the water for about 15 minutes prior to a thunder storm last fall to see how it ran and if it floated. Besides that I haven’t had much experience with it. There is a ton of info on here about Supras but nobody seems to know much about Labrisa. If Jasonba1 has some input or anyone I would love to hear it. (Wake, ballast, prop, do they sit deep in the water, mods, and repairs. any info really) The snow is starting to melt around here and there is water everywhere, can’t wait to hit the lake.
Thanks

You have one, so you know a lot more than i do. I'm looking at one for sale and considering it. What do you think so far? It looks like it has more freeboard than a comp, but not nearly as much boat as a sunsport. Roomy? Storage? Any idea if it has composite stringers?

mapleleaf
04-14-2011, 03:46 AM
It def has compo structure being from '94, my understanding is that it's the crossover boat between comp and SS

oilking
04-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Yes it has the composite stringers. mine has a 5.8L boss engine with carburetor. 19.5 feet plus swim platform. open bow is playpen style (have to step over beam into open front area). storage limited to ski locker which you lift seat where walk through to bow would be if you had one, and compartments behind and under front passenger seat. also a shallow compartment under rear sun deck. the rear bench seat has no storage under it. not a lot of storage in my opinion but this is my first boat so don’t have a lot to compare it to. I don’t know about freeboard for sure but from looking at pictures I would have to agree with you, more than a comp, less than SS. I would take pics but it's stuck away in storage for a couple more weeks. Let me know if I can help you anymore but I'm defiantly no expert.

asmodeus2112
04-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Was all set to make an offer on this boat

http://memphis.craigslist.org/boa/2310098079.html

But then the owner sent some pics...

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/_QZaj8AJZDTk/TaZNpmeQFaI/AAAAAAAAARM/pY1fOeOjAMo/IMG_20110322_183049-1.jpg

Can't believe an engine could look so bad in a '94. Some opinions are that it was submerged, what do you think?

jasonba1
04-14-2011, 12:16 PM
asmodeus 2112 pm sent

crystal waters
04-14-2011, 12:38 PM
drove one several years ago. It has an absolutely awesome water ski wake!!
Don't know how it would be for wakeboarding.