PDA

View Full Version : Center bag upgrade to 1100 pounds in 09 Launch 21V

CarZin
04-12-2011, 04:14 PM
My boat has stock center ballasts, and 650 pound rears. I'd like to upgrade to the much bigger bag, but I have no idea how you guys are making these things fit and hope for some enlightenment.

Since my boat was an r&d boat, there may be some differences. The area underneath the walk through windshield (beneath the sear). appears to have 2 levels. The lower level is where the bag sits, and it goes to the stern. The bag is contained by a couple of cross supports, that form an upper level where you could put some skis. When the 650 pound bag is completely filled, there appears to be no more room in the lower level.

So the question, for those that have an 1100 pound bag in the center, is how do you position the bag to get more water in there? Do you feed it through the sterm opening underneath the playpen and double it back? Does my R&D boat have some supports that restrict my ability to get that bigger bag in that yours do not?

I'll take a picture if this is confusing.

dusty2221
04-12-2011, 05:36 PM
Pics please!

The Squeaky Wheel
04-20-2011, 11:16 PM
My stock 21v's stock 650 bag also occupies the entire center locker and I've also wondered how others get a bigger bag in there.

hopefully someone will chime in....

Diggs
04-25-2011, 12:20 PM
With the new hull in 2009 you can no longer fit the old 1100lb bag in the 21V. I have heard that Wakemakers may have a custom bag coming out at some point with a better fit. Might be worth a call and talk to Jason or Spencer. I have just sumplemented the area with lead to get it up to the 1000 total pounds up front with the lead and the bag.

The Squeaky Wheel
04-25-2011, 12:26 PM
With the new hull in 2009 you can no longer fit the old 1100lb bag in the 21V. I have heard that Wakemakers may have a custom bag coming out at some point with a better fit. Might be worth a call and talk to Jason or Spencer. I have just sumplemented the area with lead to get it up to the 1000 total pounds up front with the lead and the bag.

makes sense. I've spoken with Jason about a custom bag, but there wasn't much bang for the buck. That cabinet is tight. For the time being, i'm placing one of my OEM 400 rear sacs on top of the center playpen for extra weight, since I upgraded the rears. I'd like everything hidden, but there isn't much room in the post '09 21v