PDA

View Full Version : taking on water

Big blue
04-13-2011, 10:17 AM
My 22ssv gg is taking on water while moving. After pulling for about 8 min there is around 2.5 gal coming out of the pump.

duckseatfree
04-13-2011, 04:34 PM
check your hoses and water pump....have someone run it with the cover off and see if you can spot a leak. If not, you might have a leak in the hull....

viking
04-13-2011, 06:12 PM
also check all your ballast lines and connections.

docdrs
04-13-2011, 08:12 PM
what year is it? have you checked your shaft seal?do you have a heater? are all your hose clamps tight? did you summerize it or someone else? shut off your ballast inlet valve and see if you still get water to eliminate that. Otherwise its prob your shaft seal , or a post engine impeller leak imo

dshaff24
04-13-2011, 09:48 PM
was it winterized properly? my buddy's had the freeze plugs blown out he got lucky it didn't effect the motor

jsandy
04-13-2011, 11:29 PM
we actually had a boat broght into the shop last week. owner complained that the bilge ran constantly when he was on the water and the motor ran hot. turned out the shop that winterized it (has since went out of business) forgot to put one of the drain plugs back in after draining the motor. but i second checking all water line connections, if its tacking on water while in motion thats most lickely the culprit

Big blue
04-14-2011, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the help. I will check all those things. I replaced the impeller and thermostat this winter so that or the ballest intake may be the source of the leak.

jzelt
04-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Any weight up front?
Mine takes on water when the bow eye hook goes thru a wave. I have to reseal it.

We removed the middle cushion up front, and while wife drove at idle, I cupped my hands forcing the water around the hook and sure enough, a steady stream would trickle down the floor.