PDA

View Full Version : Boatmate Trailer Fender Upgrade

Launchman2000
04-13-2011, 12:38 PM
I had pretty rough looking fenders when I bought the boat. Supra emblems were worn off and the plastic-carpeted pieces were loose and falling apart.

I also had some difficulty getting the boat centered on the trailer, it kept drifting over the fenders, and the chines on the hull would set down on the bunks, pretty annoying. One day it took me 3 tries to get it straight on the trailer, freakin' embarassing!!

I decided to add more rigid fender boards (I used 1 x 6 treated plank boards) and covered them with bunk carpet and then used counter sunk bolts and nuts to attach them to the fenders. I bought new decals and clear skateboard grip tape on ebay for the fenders. The carpeted boards are about 3" above the fenders, it is rock solid and really keeps the boat centered now.

Still more work to do on her.....

KG's Supra24
04-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Nice work. Bet it makes it a ton easier to load. I'm digging the logo on the fenders too.

Okie Boarder
04-13-2011, 03:07 PM
Pretty cool idea. Looks good.

sybrmike
04-13-2011, 11:38 PM
Glad to hear the extended fender liners help center the boat. I added a 2" lip above the fender when I redid mine.

Looks like a nice upgrade & diggin the Supra logo.

DenverHams
08-07-2012, 01:58 PM
For some reason, I can't see your image anymore (might be too old). Where did you find your supra logos? I'm looking for something similar for our trailer.

Thanks